Expert Care is in the Details
Providing accurate coding, auditing, and reporting, our medical records team is a highly valued and integral part of our team. We use the most advanced EHR technologies, including EPIC and 3M 360 encompass computer-assisted coding, and foster a strong belief in promoting team members from within.
Certified Coding Auditor IILocation: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 779448 Date posted: 05/14/2019
- Perform documentation and coding reviews within work queues across various specialties as assigned. Utilize available coding tools and knowledge to assist in appropriate assignment of coding.
- Maintain current knowledge to ensure that KPNW coding and documentation meets regulatory guidelines and audit standards. Escalate trends and identified issues through appropriate department channels. Continued development of coding knowledge and regulatory guidelines with maintenance of certification.
- Performs other duties as requested to include complex coding issues and project work as assigned within scope of Job Description.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Medical Terminology.
- Prefer one (1) year of professional coding and/or auditing experience in one or more of the following areas: evaluation and management (E&M), procedural/ surgical, emergency department or anesthesia.
- Working knowledge of the EpicCare system.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Information Management Careers
Health Information Management Careers
Our team of medical coding and audit professionals helps us promote successful practices that ensure quality care, regulatory compliance, and accurate reimbursement. Working as a team in a clinic, hospital, or business, or even a remote environment, you'll supply the data that benchmarks our success and serves as an efficient education and training mechanism for our providers and other stakeholders.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.