Certified Nursing Assistant II-Acute Care
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Refers more difficult issues to RN.
• Uses judgment to perform tasks.
• Accepts accountability for own actions.
• Demonstrates effective written/verbal communication.
• Documents and relays messages or instructions accurately.
• Reports patient information on a timely basis.
• Verifies understanding of information and asks for clarification when necessary.
• Documents accurately to reflect understanding of assigned tasks.
• Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively.
• Demonstrates a commitment to service.
• Contributes to a positive patient care experience.
• Anticipates the customer's desires and takes proactive steps to meet those needs.
• Recognizes the diversity and cultural norms of the individual.
• Seeks assistance when needed in culturally sensitive situations.
• Obtains vital signs and collects data; reports values outside given parameters.
• Reports observations.
• Reports outcomes of assigned nursing care tasks.
• Demonstrates the ability to problem solve.
• Identifies resources and uses them when confronted with a problem.
• Prioritizes assigned tasks and work or seeks assistance appropriately.
• Demonstrates understanding of how Kaiser Permanente key systems affect services and quality of care.
• Demonstrates technological literacy in using computerized information systems related to assignments.
• Demonstrates technical knowledge of clinical procedures and use of special equipment as assigned.
• Attends mandatory in-services related to patient care and others as appropriate.
• Displays clinical knowledge appropriate to education/training and assigned tasks.
• Assists in identifying own learning needs.
• Seeks assistance when doing an unfamiliar task/activity, or when unable to perform an assigned task/activity.
• Takes responsibility to keep informed of organizational policies and current information in policy and procedure manuals and unit communications.
• Provides care and assists patients within the limits of the authorized duties for CNA 2 Acute Care consistent with those defined by the state.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the legal responsibilities, limitations and implications of their actions.
• Provides care in compliance with government, state or regulatory agencies (e.g. Medicare).
• Adheres to and supports KP policies and Principles of Responsibility.
• Adheres to HIPAA and confidentiality policies.
• Demonstrate accepted ethical practices with respect to cultural, social and ethnic differences, within the health care environment (e.g. CLAS standards).
• Interacts effectively and sensitively with all members of the healthcare team.
• Demonstrates flexibility as a team member.
• Collaborates with team members and supports the goals of the team.
• Supports a collaborative LMP environment.
• Assists others with patient care activities when own assignment is completed.
• Maintains an acceptable attendance record.
• Participates in unit-based activities, including staff meetings.
• This job description is not all encompassing.
- One (1) year of experience as a CNA 1.
- High School Diploma or related medical assistant experience.
- Completion of an OSBN approved CNA 1 Program.
- If hired prior to 11/17/08, must have current Oregon certification as a Nursing Assistant and must obtain CNA2 Acute Care Certification by 11/17/08. If hired after 11/17/08 must have current Oregon CNA2 Acute Care Certification.
- Must obtain BLS with AED certification within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Computer keyboarding skills preferred.