The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Charge RN, Emergency Department (KSMC)Location: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 725907 Date posted: 08/07/2018
- Assist in the interviewing process of applicants for posted positions and makes recommendations to the Coordinator.
- Support organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide input into staff evaluations.
- Monitor performance of staff and provide documentation of performance problems to the Coordinator.
- Provide input into the development and maintenance of staffing patterns for the patient care unit and helps to monitor day-to-day staffing and utilization of nursing resources.
- Coordinate staff meetings under the direction of the Coordinator.
- Identify and communicate to the Coordinator systems problems that interfere with effective client care and convey risk situations to the Coordinator.
- Participate and give input into trend analysis for the operational budget.
- Assist with materials management, ensuring availability of supplies needed.
- Provide direction during emergency situations as delegated.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards of client care, policies and procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate and participate in the delivery of patient care on a specific unit.
- Utilizing the nursing process: Assess need and priorities of patient, assist in the implementation of nursing care, and evaluate effectiveness of nursing care.
- Participate in the development and ongoing monitoring of quality assurance activities.
- Provide input into and participate in development and achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary patient care conferences and discharge planning activities as appropriate.
- Identify and assist in problem-solving both intrashift and intershift. Keep Coordinators Hospital Supervisors informed of problems/resolutions.
- Function within expected behavior standards of Staff Nurse as participating in role.
- Assists in development and presentation of inservice programs.
- Participates in clinical orientation to the nursing unit.
- Participate in the planning and provision of education/teaching to patients and their families.
- Support departmental and organizational philosophy, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Participate in meetings, special projects, and committees as designated.
- Support and/or participate in research programs approved by the Department of Nursing as designated.
- Promote interdepartmental and intradepartmental communications.
- Foster good public relations.
- Assume responsibility for own continuing education and development.
- Demonstrate good physical assessment skills.
- Provide emergency nursing care to all age groups.
- Act as a resource for the unit.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Two (2) years of current ED experience.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current BLS w/AED certification.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Able to assume authority of unit.
- Oversees quality of unit in conjunction with the manager.
- CEN, TNCC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and interpret cardiac dysrhythmias preferred.
- A desire and ability to function within the nursing process preferred.
- A desire and ability to function within professional and personnel standards as defined preferred.
- Ability to use and apply effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills preferred.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.