Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Communications Operator - Med-Fac Communications, Temporary (Sunnyside)Location: Clackamas, OR Job Number: 708825 Date posted: 07/13/2018
- Implement hospital response to all emergencies, drills, codes, as directed.
- Processes calls per department productivity standards; demonstrates knowledge, interaction, & communication skill levels required for different patient populations based upon age-specific needs.
- Demonstrates accurate & rapid response to all hospital emergency & disaster code calls; monitors emergency alarms.
- Responsible for the assignment, service, maintenance, stocking, & replacement of pagers for the medical staff.
- Utilizes the online clinical information systems (KARE, MIPS, ADT, Internal Home Page directory, Master Directory, Physician Scheduling) to facilitate timely call management; utilizes KARE to provide information to caller about location of patient who is hospitalized (except confidential admits); maintains online attendant directory & utilizes such to facilitate call routing; utilizes Master Directory online system & KP Internal Home Page to locate phone numbers for all staff & departments.
- Maintains accurate schedule of all staff on-call; responsible for following physician staff scheduling for after-hours calls, week-ends, & holidays, for all KP physicians & allied healthcare staff for KSMC, clinics & plan hospitals; updates call sheets for ill calls received & makes sure replacements are documented for all operator work stations; assists in locating replacement physicians when requested.
- Perform scheduling activities for all support departments who have staff on-call after hours, week-ends, & holidays at KSMC, clinics, & plan hospitals; updates staff call sheets for ill calls & their replacements; assist in locating staff when requested.
- Prepare & maintain current list of those on-call for both physician & support services for daily access; aware of key personnel on duty at all times; assist physicians in pager assignment &/or replacements.
- Participate in quality review/monitoring activities; collaborate w/ departments to ensure accurate & complete information is provided to members at all times; prepare & utilize logs for traffic data; prepare report of all unusual activities & departments response to such; develop, review, & revise department procedures when requested; actively participate in orientation & training of new employees in department as assigned.
- Takes appropriate action in determining minor &/or major phone system or computer problems by notifying telecommunications & providing necessary details of incident.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.