Celebrating Mind, Body and Smile
Join the team that's been practicing outstanding dental care in the Pacific Northwest for more than 40 years and see what a difference comprehensive, coordinated care can make.
EFDA - Certified Dental Assistant (Clackamas )Location: Clackamas, OR Job Number: 680880 Date posted: 05/14/2018
1. PERFORM ALL OF THE DUTIES permitted a dental assistant consistent with the individual-s training and in the presence of or under the observation of a licensed provider as referenced in State Dental Practice Act and the related Administrative Rules. These duties to include:
Place films (dental radiographs), adjust equipment preparatory to exposing films, and expose films.
2. IN SUPPORT of the practice of a dentist provider who is not an orthodontist;
3. ORGANIZE patient-s dental record consistent with established guidelines, confirm its availability and assure that it is in order and ready for provider-s use at the time care and service is to be provided.
4. GREET, INTRODUCE SELF TO, and INFORM PATIENT of general treatment to be provided and provider to be seen consistent with established Kaiser Permanente Behavioral Guidelines.
5. REVIEW HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE with patient and notify provider of reported conditions that could effect treatment.
6. PROMOTE patient-s emotional comfort by gaining rapport, instilling confidence and promoting tranquility.
7. INFORM and ANSWER patient-s and/or parent-s questions regarding care and service provided as directed by provider.
8. ANTICIPATE NEEDS of provider in the delivery of patient care and service.
9. COMMUNICATE INFORMATION important to maintaining the proper scheduling and flow of patients consistent with information recorded in the patient-s dental record.
10. PREPARE, ORGANIZE, ARRANGE and PASS DENTAL INSTRUMENTS, SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS as requested by the provider and required by established guidelines.
11. ESTABLISH and MAINTAIN a CLEAR and CLEAN OPERATING FIELD.
12. RECORD and/or VERIFY INFORMATION in the patient-s dental record according to established procedures.
13. RECORD and/or VERIFY ALL PATIENT CARE AND SERVICE RELATED INFORMATION on all necessary forms and documents consistent with established guidelines and in a manner that accurately reflects the information documented in the patient-s dental record.
14. AS REQUIRED IN SUPPORT OF DIRECT PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES, ENTER, RETRIEVE AND TRANSMIT PATIENT CARE AND SERVICE RELATED INFORMATION via the Program-s automated patient and provider scheduling system (TEAM), consistent with established guidelines and training.
15. RESPOND TO MEDICAL EMERGENCY SITUATIONS consistent with established guidelines.
16. EXPOSE and PROCESS DENTAL RADIOGRAPHS as required consistent with established guidelines and radiology equipment use specifications.
17. TAKE PATIENT-S BLOOD PRESSURE and ACCURATELY RECORD in patient-s dental record.
18. CLEAN and STERILIZE and PROCESS INSTRUMENTS consistent with established guidelines.
19. MAINTAIN CLEAN, ORDERLY, WELL ORGANIZED AND SUPPLIED WORK ENVIRONMENT, including assigned operatory, laboratory and instrument processing areas, consistent with established infection control.
20. ASSURE PROPER HANDLING OF ALL MATERIALS in accordance with Hazard Communication Program and Infection Control Guidelines.
21. ASSURE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF EQUIPMENT through the periodic completion of established preventive maintenance procedures such as cleaning and oiling, and reporting non-functioning, damaged, etc. equipment to office manager or supervisor in a timely manner.
22. PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED by the office manager or supervisory personnel that are consistent with the individual-s training and experience IN AN ACTIVE AND COOPERATIVE MANNER.
23. ACT IN CONFORMANCE with established program policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols, the Administrative Rules of the State Board of Dentistry, the State Dental Practice Act and any other laws and regulations that govern the role and responsibilities of the dental assistant and satisfactorily maintain the established qualifications for selection towards this position.
24. PERFORM THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS provided that the dentist is on the premises and the dentist checks the patient before and after the functions are performed;
o Diagnostic models,
o Counter and opposing models,
o Fabrication of temporary restorations,
o Intra-oral bite registration for study model articulation.
25. ASSIST IN MONITORING PATIENTS that are being administered nitrous oxide consistent with established guidelines.
26. Other duties appropriate for EFDA as authorized by Board of Dentistry rules and regulations.
License, Certification, Registration
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Dental Support Careers
Dental Support Careers
Kaiser Permanente Dental is unique to the Northwest and offers many locations in the Portland metro area, Salem, Eugene, Vancouver, and Longview. One of the largest group dental practices in the country, we share an organization-wide commitment to delivering individualized, proactive, and integrated care. Here you will find opportunities for dental support careers, including dental assistants and hygienists.
Are you a dentist? Learn more about opportunities for Dentists & Physicians.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.