Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Emergency Psychiatric Services Clinician - On CallLocation: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Westside Hospital 2875 NE Stucki Ave., 2875 NE Stucki Ave., Hillsboro,Oregon, 97124
Tanasbourne Regional Contact Center 3175 NE Alocle, 3175 NE Aloclek Dr., Hillsboro,Oregon, 97124 Job Number: 814386 Date posted: 07/31/2019
- Provide high quality health care through direct screening, diagnosis & formulation/implementation of treatment plan for mental health patients (may include depression, anxiety, marital conflicts, etc., in individuals, couples, families or groups). Document in writing all care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards. Provide all care in accordance with accepted practice standards & hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician).
- Provide case management through appropriate triaging & referrals, reporting to other providers, telephone contact with patients & their families, & contact with outside agencies.
- Consult with other department providers regarding treatment plans.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience.
- Master's level degree required (M.S.W., M.S., M.A., M.Ed.).
License, Certification, Registration
- Current unrestricted license (LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LMHC, PsyD or PhD) in the state in which practicing required upon hire/transfer.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Thorough knowledge of psychosocial diagnostic categories & treatment approaches including evidence-based treatment modalities, suicide assessment, & therapeutic crisis intervention.
- Working knowledge of legal requirements for reporting abuse & homicidal threats.
- Quickly & accurately assess, diagnose & develop treatment plans.
- Intervene & effectively treat emergent problems involving mental health functioning.
- Strong interpersonal communication & problem solving skills.
- Rapidly establish rapport with a diverse population of patients presenting with a wide range of psychiatric, social & emotional difficulties.
- Process & communicate in a manner that is sensitive & appropriate to the cultural, linguistic & psychological needs of
patients, families & other healthcare team members.
- Function effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team & to collaborate well with other disciplines despite potential
disagreements or conflict.
- Remain calm & use appropriate skills to defuse potentially violent or aggressive situations
- In the event of patient suicide, the resilience to manage emotional impact, ability to evaluate clinical assessment & treatment plan decisions, & integrate new learning.
- Identify & respond to chances in policies, regulations, & procedures which can impact the patient.
- Ability to use electronic medical record.
- Ability to access, diagnose & treat child & adult mental health patients. Individual, couple, family & group therapy skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of suicide risk assessment, safety planning & therapeutic crisis intervention.
- Ability to rapidly establish rapport, on phone call or face-to-face, with a diverse population of patients presenting with a wide range of psychiatric, social & emotional problems.
- Assess of co-occurring mental health & chemical dependency disorders.
- Maintaining concentration & staying task-focused, despite frequent interruptions, noise & distractions of a busy emergency department & team room.
- Ability to prioritize & manage immediate competing demands in highly stimulating work environment.
- Ability to prioritize & manage crisis interventions for at risk patients to assure patient & community safety.
- Rapidly, accurately & concisely document crisis calls & face-to-face assessment & care in patient-s permanent record in accordance within accepted medical/legal standards.
- Working knowledge of clinical indicators, federal & state legal requirements, & hospital regulatory standards for safe, ethical & effective practices for secluding & restraining patients.
- Participate effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Managing personal health & preventing professional burnout in face of emotional intensity of working with highest acuity psychiatric patients & occasional exposure to violent & aggressive patients, or completed patient suicide.
- Obtain core hospital privileges in mental health.
- Ability to work in varying locations according to operational needs.
- Participate, & lead, physical restraint codes.
- Ability to walk quickly from team room to distant ED patient areas, sometimes multiple times per hour.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of emergency department and/or equivalent crisis mental health clinical experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.