Imaging Assistant - 40 hours
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- File Room: Order, track, locate, & file radiology images, jackets & requisitions. Ensure all studies are prepared for the radiologist to read. Ensure all studies have been read daily. Manage & resolve Quality Assurance issues in the file room. Communicate w/other members of the health care team any problems related to maintaining efficiency of the file room operation. Perform digitization & gateway management functions are necessary.
- Reception Desk, Appt Making: Greet patients in a friendly & professional manner to ensure optimal delivery of customer srv to patients, members & co-workers on the phone & in person using skills & abilities required for the age of the person being served. Check patients in for exams in an accurate & timely manner. Complete COPR forms correctly &/or any additional forms needed. Handle challenging situations so that patient & organization needs are met. Minimize emotional situations & accommodates member when organization has let member down. Ensure member receives proper written instructions & preparation info for exam. Pick up & deliver inter-Deptal mail, if applicable. Maintain computer appt schedule & files containing requisitions. Perform outreach calls as assigned.
- Flow Coordinator: Manages Dept voicemail & incoming calls. Coordinates member flow through imaging area. Serves as a liaison to areas that are supported by imaging. Communicates status updates to all involved parties. Manages add-on studies & coordinates transport. Schedules STAT & Urgent exams, & assists w/all scheduling as requested. Responsible for scheduling complicated studies usually involving areas outside of a specific imaging modality. Covers other areas & responsibilities, as needed to maintain operations. Assists w/preparation of various tumor board reviews. Prepares paperwork as requested per modality. Stock & tidy patient care & work areas. Monitor schedule templates & makes changes as directed. Chaperone as needed. Preform reminder calls as appropriate.
- Imaging Srvs Reg-l Records at the Process Center: Responsible for tasks covering Imaging Srvs, Reg-l Records operations to include; requesting jackets from storage, purging records, answering the telephone, responding to telephone voicemails & answering pages (after hours), digitizing mammograms & general radiology exams as well as documents & images for legal & research, managing images & documents via the gateway-inbound & outbound, sending & receiving images on film & CD, providing Images & documents for Release of Info & possibly other assigned duties. Communicate w/other members of the health care team to meet the needs to the patient.
- Imaging Srvs Reg-l Appointing Call Center: responsible for tasks covering Imaging Srvs, Reg-l Appointing Call Center operations, to include answering the Imaging Srvs appointing line & calling out to schedule all Imaging Srvs orders, including: MRI, Bone Density, Ultrasound, CT, PET CT, EEG, Nuclear Medicine, Fluoroscopy, Diagnostic & screening Mammograms & possibly other assigned duties. The schedulers must meet quality & srv standards, scheduling accurately, ordering cabs & interpreters as needed, providing cost share info upon request & providing an exceptional level of customer srv on every call. Communicate w/other members of the health care team to meet the needs to the patient.
- On regular basis, cooperates w/ other staff members both w/in & outside Dept in accomplishment of own job duties, as well as assisting others in accomplishing theirs; serves as team player & role model for other employees in organization always exhibiting traits of courtesy, caring, helpfulness & respect; conducts oneself in srv-oriented manner that is attentive, pleasant, cooperative, sensitive, respectful & kind when dealing w/members, visitors, public & employees.
- Performs other duties & accepts responsibility as assigned w/in scope of duties, including & not limited to: Answers telephone calls; ascertains caller's needs & assists them accordingly; obtains & records pertinent info. Operates office equipment: computer, calculator, copier, telephone, etc. Maintains equipment & supplies in clean, orderly, & useable condition; reports malfunctions/needs to Lead Technician, Biomed &/or Sup-v for appropriate action.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in clerical position dealing with public.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers. This is required for any patient facing Imaging Assistant. If IA's move positions within the region, then they will need to acquire CPR certification within 30 days of accepting their new role.
- Basic human relations skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to take instruction.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and prioritizing.
- Demonstrated command of the English language.
- Basic keyboard or computer skills.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- One (1) year of prior clerical experience in a medical setting.
- Experience with CADENCE system or other automated scheduling system.
- Kaiser work experience.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of radiation safety.
- Efficient data entry and typing skills.
- Dark room processing skills.
- Multi-line telephone skills.