Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Information Analyst IV - DIME (KSMC)Location: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 722250 Date posted: 08/01/2018
This position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by designing and executing quantitative and qualitative analysis for business areas and providing recommendations for decision making under uncertainty. Provides analytical expertise to identifying opportunities for sustained business improvement.
- Accountable for operationalizing conceptually defined variables and translating specific business issues and questions into appropriate functional and analytic designs.
- Accountable for designing and interpreting analyses of data, providing recommendations in suppport of critical business decisions.
- Prepare presentations that communicate complex analysis and findings in a simple, consise and interpretable manner.
- Strategic management decision-making.
- Identify information gaps, provide recommendations and and initiate appropriate activitiy or escilation.
- Regularly use SAS, PC-based spreadsheet, database, and statistical software to produce quantitative analyses and reports.
- Actively contribute to multiple analytical efforts by collaborating through project documentation, data extraction from various data repositories and subsequent data summarization, manipulation, display, and presentation preparation.
- Data management and analytic responsibilities require linkage of multiple large databases and the development and maintenance of moderate to very large sized research databases for use in data analysis and tracking.
- Produce graphs and tables for reports, presentations and publication.
- Carefully document all programs, data sets and analyses.
- Analysis business decisions and attestations within complex business unit.
- Provides and implements recommendations.
- Complex and statistical modeling.
- Minimum seven (7) years of analytical experience.
- Master's degree in a quantitative or technical discipline OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Expert knowledge with BI and analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS and Cognos.
- Proven skills in project management, including the following attributes: efficient, collaborative, candid, open, and results-oriented.
- Establish clear performance contracts and project workplans.
- Strong working knowledge in the use of current SQL software, including SAS/SQL, Oracle and Teradata, and Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to conduct, interpret and present quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (1:1, peer, multi-disciplinary group, presentations, written).
- Be assertive, objective and be able to confront clients with difficult issues.
- Minimum five (5) years of analytical experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of health care or insurance experience.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or technical discipline.
- Expertise in multiple business units (service delivery, insurance, finance).
- Specific and broad knowledge of KPNW operations, KP applications, and KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.