Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Medical Imaging Field Service EngineerLocation: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 777263 Date posted: 03/06/2019
- Analyzes and corrects malfunctions on a variety of medical imaging equipment systems. Analysis and corrective methods include; observation of front panel and controls; interpretation of block and schematic diagrams; utilization of appropriate test equipment; replacement of components, PC boards, or subsystems as appropriate; calibration and adjustment to manufacturers specifications; working with clinical personnel to correct operator based problems; documentation of work performed including that provided by outside service.
- Directly performs or schedules with outside service vendors the performance assessment and preventive maintenance on a variety of medical imaging equipment systems according to established procedures: inspects, calibrates, adjusts, lubricates and repairs or replaces components. Documents work performed.
- Performs inspection and certification of performance of new equipment / systems, coordinates assembly/installation.
- Prepares and recommends maintenance and test specifications for each electrical and electronic device and defines inspection and calibration cycles. Performs electrical safety inspections and performance assurance testing Completes documentation for entry into the computerized maintenance management system.
- Advises on specifications for purchases on new imaging equipment and recommends. Replacement of obsolete or irreparable equipment. Provides new product evaluation as requested.
- Ensures compliance with medical equipment hazards alerts, advises affected clinical personnel of hazard alerts, takes appropriate corrective action, and documents.
- Performs investigative evaluation of medical equipment involved in patient and employee incidents / accidents. Documents findings and reports as required.
- Assists, as required, with staff in-service education.
- Education - Develops and implements a plan for professional growth and maintains current with advancing technology, as required, performing duties.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed in support of the need of the organization.
- Must have an AAS degree in biomedical equipment service technology, electronic service technology, or computer service technology from an accredited program or military biomedical equipment training.
- Combination of four (4) years educational and or experience in field service of medical X-ray imaging systems.
License, Certification, Registration
- Driver's License.
- Proficient knowledge in the operation and maintenance of medical X-ray systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient use of test equipment used in servicing medical X-ray systems.
- Must have knowledge of standards and codes applicable to medical X-ray systems.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Reading, writing, and fluently speaking and, understanding English.
- Must provide personal vehicle for business transportation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the following areas: customer service, interpersonal relations, adaptability, change management, decision making, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, results orientation, teamwork, and written communication.
- Background servicing medical equipment with emphasis on multi manufacturer experience and years of service.
- Experience servicing computer client-server systems.
- Computer networking certification
- Certified Radiology Equipment Service (CRES).
- Knowledge and skill using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.