Expert Care is in the Details
Providing accurate coding, auditing, and reporting, our medical records team is a highly valued and integral part of our team. We use the most advanced EHR technologies, including EPIC and 3M 360 encompass computer-assisted coding, and foster a strong belief in promoting team members from within.
Medical Transcriptionist II (Clackamas)Location: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 755052 Date posted: 01/04/2019
- Demonstrates an understanding of the medicolegal implications and responsibilities related to the documentation of patient records to facilitate the protection of the patient and the business/institution. Understands and complies with policies and procedures related to medicolegal matters, including confidentiality, amendment of medical records, release of information, patient rights, and medical records as legal evidence. Meets standards of professional and ethical conduct. Recognizes and reports documentation of concern to appropriate management personnel and Risk Management. Consults appropriate personnel regarding documentation that may be viewed as unprofessional, frivolous, insulting, inflammatory or inappropriate.
- Operates various computer software to complete assignments. Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the medical transcription department. Meets turnaround time requirements and commitments. Maintains required records, including time sheets and production logs, and submits reports as required.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience editing speech-recognized hospital dictation that includes the following work types: H&Ps, consults, operative reports, discharge summaries, imaging studies, and pathology reports.
- Able to accurately and consistently edit speech-recognized medical dictation in a production-oriented environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to identify and solve problems related to producing healthcare documentation.
- Must pass timed transcription and speech-recognition editing tests in department.
- Must pass written editing skills test in department.
- Mastery level of knowledge of pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, clinical medicine, surgery, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, and the various medical specialties as required in areas of responsibility.
- Mastery level of knowledge of English grammar, spelling, editing, composition and formatting of medical reports.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Three (3) years- recent experience editing speech-recognized hospital dictation that includes the following work types: H&Ps, consults, operative reports, discharge summaries, imaging studies, and pathology reports.
- Minimum of one (1) year recent experience as a clinician-created documentation integrity auditor.
- Ability to utilize the eScription dictation/transcription platform.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Information Management Careers
Health Information Management Careers
Our team of medical coding and audit professionals helps us promote successful practices that ensure quality care, regulatory compliance, and accurate reimbursement. Working as a team in a clinic, hospital, or business, or even a remote environment, you'll supply the data that benchmarks our success and serves as an efficient education and training mechanism for our providers and other stakeholders.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.