Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Operating Room Technician IILocation: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 823343 Date posted: 08/27/2019
- Practice standards of performance: Complies with shift, unit and organizational policies and procedures including reliability and attendance standards. Monitors and takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences. Returns promptly from breaks and schedules them to provide adequate coverage. Restricts personal business to non-patient care areas during break times. Complies with Kaiser's Time Keeping Policy to accurately reflect productive time worked. Takes responsibility to keep informed of organizational policies and current information as provided by employer through multiple avenues. Complies with contractual responsibilities related to work schedule. Participates in unit Quality Assurance Programs. Maintains current knowledge and skill base with personal commitment to continuous learning and professional development. Utilizes professional communication techniques. Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organizational records. (HIPPA Standards). Promotes collaboration and professional interaction with the health care team. Promotes professional conduct, knows and complies with department Standards of Behavior. (group norms) Promotes and utilizes professional communication techniques. Attends inservices related to job description as appropriate. Demonstrates awareness of new concepts and skills. Attends and constructively participates in staff meetings. Demonstrates awareness of new information posted in the communication notebook.
- Assessment Standard of Performance: Communicates information so that continuity of care is maintained. Communicates with patient, family and other staff in a professional and courteous manner. Obtains and demonstrates the skills and knowledge needed to provide appropriate population based and culturally sensitive care to patients and families through education, training and experience. Participates in accurate pre-operative briefing and time out. Provides continuous reassessment through the intra operative period.
- Planning Standard of Performance: Utilizes knowledge of type of procedure to plan for appropriate set up. Obtains and demonstrates the skills and knowledge needed to provide age appropriate care to patients through education, training and experience.
- Implementation Standard of Performance: Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the intra- operative patient. Applies principles of aseptic technique. Evaluates sterile packs and supplies. Provides a well organized sterile area. Is aware of procedure's progression and anticipates the needs of the team, observing sterile technique at all times. Performs all necessary procedures correctly to ensure patient safety intra operatively. Applies and assists with the principles of correct body alignment in positioning and transferring patients. Examines unused equipment and instruments for gross contamination and transports covered used instruments to utility room. Responsible for sterile core activities, able to prioritize duties: Completion of picking case carts, restocking, reordering supplies as needed, assisting with O.R. room needs as necessary. Assists with appropriate measures in emergency situations. Assists Circulator in preparation for the next scheduled case. Initiates and facilitates room turnovers: Light housekeeping duties, procurement of equipment, supplies and X-Rays. Restocking of unused supplies and equipment. Participates in the reprocessing process.
- One (1) to two (2) years of scrubbing experience and able to scrub all surgical procedures (in inpatient or ambulatory O.R. setting).
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- CST Certification.
- Knowledge of sterile core area.
- Knowledge of sterile technique; operating room procedures and equipment; dexterity with hands; effective relationships with people; ability to exercise good judgment and discipline.
- Able to follow instruction.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of scrubbing experience in all surgical procedures in inpatient or ambulatory O.R. setting.
- Ability to rotate through sterile core area.
- Clean and reprocess instruments, stock supplies, and pick case carts.
$2,500.00 Sign on Bonus
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.