Physical Therapist Assistant, 40hrs, day
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
To administer quality physical therapy services following treatment plans established by physical therapists to restore function, prevent disability and return patients to maximal potential.
- Delivers physical therapy treatments to patients ranging in age from geriatric to pediatric: provides and progresses treatment as per treatment plans, physician order, professional standards and departmental protocols.
- Teaches patient care classes and groups for specific disorders per physician order and departmental policies. May participate in patient care clinics per specialized training or continuing education (i.e. Amputee Clinic).
- Communicates outcomes to evaluating therapist, physicians and other health professionals. Complete all chart documentation as outlined by Kaiser Permanente and State License requirements. Demonstrate and practice efficient workflow using time management skills which allow for patient treatments, proficient use of computers and electronic tools (using short keys, smart sets and dot phrases).
- Performs duties in a professional manner demonstrating dependability, flexibility and team work. Maintains professional competency through continuing education, in-services, peer review and self-evaluation per departmental standards. Continuing education dependent on and specific to patient population treated. Participates in maintaining a clean, safe and organized environment. Performs other duties as requested.
- Graduate of accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program, basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology appropriate to PTA.
- Successful completion of clinical internships.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Physical Therapy Assistant License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support within 2 months of hire
- Basic skills in PT procedures and treatment, use of modalities (US, electrical stimulation, traction, etc), documentation skills, CPR certified.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinic experience in comparable setting.
- Knowledge base applicable to patient load at KSMC.
- Skills in group dynamics, leading classes.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest