The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
RN, L&D Float Pool (Sunnyside)Location: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 818059 Date posted: 08/13/2019
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition and scope of practice of other health care providers. Established priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care. Accurately documents in the EMR. Documents care according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications. Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patient's response to treatment. Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Nine (9) months of nursing experience in last twelve (12) months.
- One (1) year of labor and delivery experience within the last three (3) years.
- One (1) year of postpartum experience within the last three (3) years. Will consider cross-training to postpartum with one (1) year labor and delivery experience within the last twelve (12) months.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 3 months.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- NRP certification at time of hire/transfer.
- ACLS within four (4) months of hire/transfer.
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Three (3) years of labor and delivery experience.
- Three (3) years of postpartum experience.
- One (1) year of medical/surgical nursing experience.
- Previous health care experience.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.