RN Medical Surgical Telemetry Sunnyside - Part and Full Time Day ShiftClackamas, Oregon & Additional Locations
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
RN Medical Surgical Telemetry Sunnyside - Part and Full Time Day Shift
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Applying to this position is the first step to obtaining an acute care (inpatient) nursing position at Kaiser Permanente Sunnyside Medical Center in Clackamas, Oregon for a RN position in one of our Specialty Inpatient Units:
Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Oncology, Cardiac, Neuro, Orthopedics, Vascular, Renal, GI, Bariatric
Applying to this position begins an external hiring process that streamlines and expedites hiring for nurses who do not already work at Kaiser Permanente.
This is only for benefitted part-time and full-time positions; for on-call or per diem positions please search for open opportunities on our career website.
Next Steps to Bring Your Nursing Practice to Kaiser Permanente:
1. Apply to this position to express interest in a career at KP Sunnyside Medical Center
2. After you apply, Talent Acquisition will reach out and provide you with a link to complete a required virtual on-demand interview.
3. The Northwest nurse hiring team will reach out via email or call to provide you with a list of open positions
4. When you identify a position you are interested in being considered for, you will communicate back to the Northwest nurse hiring team
5. The hiring team will review and contact you
6. If selected, you will be contacted by Talent Acquisition with an overview of the final steps in the hiring process, and shortly after you will receive an electronic offer letter and be connected with the unit manager
Employee Referral eligible Full-Time and Part-Time $4,000 *(Med/Surg, MedSurg/Tele, Cardiac, Neuro, GI, Ortho, Float Pool)
Under general supervision and in collaboration with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses care activities with other healthcare disciplines.
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs complete discharge assessment.
- Planning standard of performance: Develop an individual nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patients' condition and scope of practice of other health care providers. Established priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physicians plan of care. Accurately documents in the emr. Documents care according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications. Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: Standard of performance: Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patients' response to treatment. Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Minimum nine (9) months of RN experience.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Previous health care experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
United States Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 Shift: Variable Workdays: Variable Working Hours Start: Variable Working Hours End: Variable Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: W01|AFT|Local 5017 Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Medical Surgical Telemetry The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.