RN, Cardiology- Clinical Nurse (40hr Day)Clackamas, Oregon
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
RN, Cardiology- Clinical Nurse (40hr Day)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The RN participates as a member of the health care team in delivering quality health care to patients, which supports Kaiser Permanentes mission, vision and values. The RN provides a variety of nursing services in person and/or by phone utilizing the nursing process and leadership skills to address acute and chronic needs of Health Plan members and other patients of the Kaiser Permanente Health Care Program. They work under the general direction of the designated supervisor.
- Professional Competencies: Demonstrates personal commitment to service and to socially relevant practice. Demonstrates behaviors that illustrate commitment to KP Promise (quality you can trust, caring with a personal touch, convenient and easy and affordable). Adheres to Quality of Service Standards and Behavioral Guidelines.
- Professional Competencies: Demonstrates ethical and legal behavior in all professional activities. Acts as an advocate for individuals, groups and communities. Demonstrates accountability for own ethical behavior and for delegated actions. Demonstrates responsible and accountable behavior concerning own work schedule. Understands and supports Kaiser Permanente policies, legal considerations and professional ethics. Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and confidentiality policies.
- Professional Competencies: Utilizes a critical thinking approach to problem solve and make decisions. Applies analytical reasoning, reflection and rational problem-solving skills, using verifiable information, and clinical judgment, in order to choose among alternative solutions to clinical problems. Fosters and uses innovative thinking to create alternative solutions. Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize and utilize data to provide optimal nursing care.
- Professional Competencies: Understands and provides competent care to a diverse population. Uses knowledge of cultural differences to provide nursing care that is sensitive to and consistent with cultural values, beliefs, and customs. Provides culturally sensitive teaching materials to individuals, families and groups.
- Professional Competencies: Practices health care team building and leadership skills. Applies leadership skills to facilitate effective team functioning and operations of the module or department. Role models and facilitates change within the health care team to respond to health care and organizational needs. Directs, delegates and monitors quality of care delivered by the health care team and brings deviations to the attention of staff involved and Team Leader. Mentors new staff and assists with orientation and staff development needs. Collaborates with Team Leader and Manager in setting quality standards for nursing care and in the development of policies and procedures. Provides input to Team Leader and Manager about the job performance of other RNs, LPNs and unlicensed personnel in the health care team. Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Professional Competencies: Participates in population-based care activities. Participates in out reach and in reach activities to meet clinical targets. Effectively identifies needs and provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel population, individual patient and family. Assists individuals and groups to learn self-management skills that promote and protect health. Develops teaching plans for individuals and groups related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Professional Competencies: Demonstrates technological literacy in using computerized information systems. Accesses, evaluates and uses data and information from a wide range of resources. Demonstrates effective use of computer-based information and practice management systems for decision support, provision of care, continuous quality improvement and professional development. Provides input to the development of information systems that impact the provision of patient care. Facilitates the members use of health care technologies.
- Professional Competencies: Participates in ongoing continuing education activities and shares knowledge with other health care team members. Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning that advances professional nursing practice. Demonstrates ability to identify own learning needs. Actively works to address personal and professional growth needs. Serves as resource and role model for other members of the health care team.
- Clinical Competencies: Provides evidence-based, clinically competent nursing care in a culturally sensitive manner. Plans, implements, manages, coordinates and evaluates a plan of care across the care continuum. Facilitates member wellness and function and identifies needs for health care interventions. Utilizes appropriate assessment tools, processes, clinical pathways and guidelines to manage patient care. Integrates theory and research-based knowledge in the provision of direct and indirect nursing care. Performs and modifies therapeutic and preventive nursing measures and administers treatments and medications as authorized by law and determined by the State Board of Nursing. Performs skilled nursing tasks competently and demonstrates operational knowledge of procedures and equipment. Performs triage and telephone advice independently and within scope of the Oregon and/or Washington Nurse Practice Acts. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for staff, patients and family members. Participates in the research process. Documents the nursing care provided which demonstrates the application of the nursing process and complies with departmental and/or organizational standards.
- Clinical Competencies: Applies effective oral and written communication skills in interacting with patients, families and members of the health care team. This includes effective negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Organizational Competencies: Recognizes the impact of systems on health care delivery. Facilitates coordination of care across all settings with particular attention to transitional needs. Functions within interdisciplinary teams in a manner that promotes coordination, mutual respect and timely response to the patients health care needs.
- Organizational Competencies: Acts as an advocate for individuals and groups with unmet health needs.
- Organizational Competencies: Applies the knowledge and tools of continuous improvement in clinical practice and the delivery of health care.
- Minimum two (2) years of RN experience within the last five (5) years OR successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente NW Ambulatory RN New Grad/transition to practice program
Two (2) years of cardiovascular or critical care experience within the past seven(7) years
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 3 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Primary Care Assignments: Must obtain and maintain PEARS certification within 6 months of hire/transfer unless excluded per exemption process.
- PEARS or PALS required within 6 months of hire/transfer for RNs in Dept 2490 and RNs in Dept 2018 that perform propranolol administration.
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
- Able to type 20 words per minute.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment.
- Customer focused.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize arrhythmias and successful completion of arrhythmia class.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cardiovascular services and disease processes.
- Two (2) years of inpatient experience caring for Cardiovascular patients.
- Successful completion of 12 lead EKG recognition class.
- Travel required - SMC, WMS, and SAL.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.