RN, Outpatient-Sunnybrook OR Sign On Bonus Eligible
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
10k Sign On Bonus Eligible
The RN participates as a member of the health care team in delivering quality health care to patients, which supports Kaiser Permanentes mission, vision and values. The RN provides a variety of nursing services both in person and by phone utilizing the nursing process and leadership skills to address acute and chronic needs of Health Plan members and other patients of the Kaiser Permanente Health Care Program. He/she works under the general direction of the designated supervisor.
- Professional Competencies: Demonstrates personal commitment to service and to socially relevant practice. Demonstrates behaviors that illustrate commitment to KP Promise (quality you can trust, caring with a personal touch, convenient and easy and affordable). Adheres to Quality of Service Standards and Behavioral Guidelines.
- Demonstrates ethical and legal behavior in all professional activities. Acts as an advocate for individuals, groups and communities. Demonstrates accountability for own ethical behavior and for delegated actions. Demonstrates responsible and accountable behavior concerning own work schedule. Understands and supports Kaiser Permanente policies, legal considerations and professional ethics. Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and confidentiality policies.
- Utilizes a critical thinking approach to problem solve and make decisions. Applies analytical reasoning, reflection and rational problem-solving skills, using verifiable information, and clinical judgment, in order to choose among alternative solutions to clinical problems. Fosters and uses innovative thinking to create alternative solutions. Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize and utilize data to provide optimal nursing care.
- Understands and provides competent care to a diverse population. Uses knowledge of cultural differences to provide nursing care that is sensitive to and consistent with cultural values, beliefs, and customs. Provides culturally sensitive teaching materials to individuals, families and groups.
- Practices health care team building and leadership skills. Applies leadership skills to facilitate effective team functioning and operations of the module or department. Role models and facilitates change within the health care team to respond to health care and organizational needs. Directs, delegates and monitors quality of care delivered by the health care team and brings deviations to the attention of staff involved and Team Leader. Mentors new staff and assists with orientation and staff development needs. Collaborates with Team Leader and Manager in setting quality standards for nursing care and in the development of policies and procedures. Provides input to Team Leader and Manager about the job performance of other RNs, LPNs and unlicensed personnel in the health care team. Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Participates in population-based care activities: Participates in “out reach” and “in reach” activities to meet clinical targets. Effectively identifies needs and provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel population, individual patient and family. Assists individuals and groups to learn self-management skills that promote and protect health. Develops teaching plans for individuals and groups related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demonstrates technological literacy in using computerized information systems. Accesses, evaluates and uses data and information from a wide range of resources. Demonstrates effective use of computer-based information and practice management systems for decision support, provision of care, continuous quality improvement and professional development. Provides input to the development of information systems that impact the provision of patient care. Facilitates the members use of health care technologies.
- Participates in ongoing continuing education activities and shares knowledge with other health care team members. Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning that advances professional nursing practice. Demonstrates ability to identify own learning needs. Actively works to address personal and professional growth needs. Serves as resource, mentor and role model for other members of the health care team.
- Clinical Competencies: Provides evidence-based, clinically competent nursing care in a culturally sensitive manner. Plans, implements, manages, coordinates and evaluates a plan of care across the care continuum. Facilitates member wellness and function and identifies needs for health care interventions. Utilizes appropriate assessment tools, processes, clinical pathways and guidelines to manage patient care. Integrates theory and research-based knowledge in the provision of direct and indirect nursing care. Performs and modifies therapeutic and preventive nursing measures and administers treatments and medications as authorized by law and determined by the State Board of Nursing. Performs skilled nursing tasks competently and demonstrates operational knowledge of procedures and equipment. Performs triage and telephone advice independently and within scope of the Oregon and/or Washington Nurse Practice Acts. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for staff, patients and family members. Participates in the research process. Documents the nursing care provided which demonstrates the application of the nursing process and complies with departmental and/or organizational standards.
- Applies effective oral and written communication skills in interacting with patients, families and members of the health care team. This includes effective negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Organizational Competencies: Recognizes the impact of systems on health care delivery. Facilitates coordination of care across all settings with particular attention to transitional needs. Functions within interdisciplinary teams in a manner that promotes coordination, mutual respect and timely response to the patients health care needs.
- Acts as an advocate for individuals and groups with unmet health needs.
- Applies the knowledge and tools of continuous improvement in clinical practice and the delivery of health care.
- Minimum two (2) years of RN experience in acute care or ambulatory care/clinic setting within the last five (5) years.
- (2) years of experience circulating in an inpatient or ambulatory surgery setting within the past three (3) years
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
- Able to type 20 words per minute.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment.
- Customer focused.
- Previous experience with population care/case management, triage and advice.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of operating room circulating and scrubbing experience, preferred.
- Current or future bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
- CNOR, preferred
- ACLS, preferred
- Pre-op area skills, preferred
- IV start skills, preferred
• Variable days off.