Supervisor, Environmental Services
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Supervises staff. Hires, terminates, and issues corrective action. Oversees and manages staff performance in several locations in order to achieve quality standards, assure compliance with department and organization policies and procedures, and labor agreements. Maintain staffing necessary to achieve established service levels.
- Manages finances within budget allocations. Looks for opportunities to reduce cost; actively seeks opportunities to save cost and rolls this accountability down to the front line staff. Actively manages attendance and performance to maximize cost efficiency. Manages and maintains inventory of supplies and linen within established par levels actively adjusting as needed to meet both customer need and actual utilization.
- Performs inspections with assigned EVS staff in order to evaluate/monitor performance, customer satisfaction, and compliance with infection control and OSHA requirements. Ensures general inspections are completed routinely and formal inspections are completed monthly in all assigned buildings/areas. Meets with Building Managers and key customers to insure satisfaction with service provided.
- Coordinates services with contract vendors/providers.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, Local laws/regulations and licensure/accreditation standards (JCAHO).
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Experience in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated experience building a strong culture of teamwork and service excellence.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams with a high service ethic within a diverse workforce.
- Working knowledge of; industry standards, hazardous/medical waste management, infection control techniques, sanitation protocols, appropriate cleaning methods, systems and equipment related to Environmental Services Operations.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervisory skills, including interviewing, organizing, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations throughout the service area.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as a supervisor/manager.
- Experience providing EVS services in a health care setting.
- Experience with budget management and reporting preferred.
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations preferred.
- Experience maintaining work hour / payroll records preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Certificate in Supervision or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience preferred.
- Certification from ASHES (American Society for Healthcare Environmental Services) or other equivalent organization preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/other language commonly spoken in communities served by KPNW preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of infection control, sanitation, and cleaning methods applicable to a health care environment preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of floor care/cleaning industry standards preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and Power Point preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.