Supervisor, Food and Nutrition
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Operations Oversees daily operations within the patient food services trayline, cafeteria and patient food services call center Ensures that patient meals are correctly prepared, portioned and delivered to the patient as per department procedures. Delegates in response to unexpected changes in work volume, emergencies, staffing and scheduling. Patient and Customer Satisfaction: Ensures service levels are upheld as per department standard. Understands concepts of food safety, food production, product quality and services that will attain patient and customer satisfaction. Performs routine inspections of products, equipment, and sanitation standards. Maintains and uses data to problem solve. Performs environment of care walk throughs in production kitchens, and unit kitchen pantries throughout shift to ensure quality standards and service recovery needs are met. May spend up to 2 hours/day directly assisting staff in their work on days of unanticipated volume.
- People and Professional Development: Coach, mentor and rounds with direct reports and healthcare team members providing performance improvement plans while fostering a speak up culture and safe working environment.
- Finance: Ensures there is effective use of resources including time, people and supplies. Identifies opportunities to increase revenue and decrease food and supply expenses. Participates in the evaluation of department budget performance and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory or managerial experience in Food Services Administration or up to one (1) year in a KP Food Service Lead role.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Certified Food Handler (in location where applicable)
- Demonstrated skills in Human Resource management. Ability to direct workflow while maintaining open communication with work team.
- Able to maintain a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflict, hazardous conditions, hostility or multiple time demands.
- Ability to effectively coach and train staff.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively use computers, email, WORD, and EXCEL and develop and maintain spreadsheets.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiar with County and Oregon Health Department sanitation regulations, union issues/contracts and OSHA.
- Able to travel between KPNW hospitals.
- Able to operate standard restaurant/institutional kitchen equipment.
- Familiar with and able to operate audio/visual equipment and standard office machines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete work with timeline requirements.
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to work in busy environment.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Foods Services Administration and Supervision in a Healthcare environment.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working in a labor relations environment.
- Certified Dietetic Manager, Dietetic Technician, Registered or completion or Bachelors degree in related field such as nutrition, hotel/restaurant management or food service.
Start and end times may flex due to operation needs.