SUPERVISOR, PHARMACY - Sunnyside Medical Center
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Assists the Inpatient Pharmacy Director with the development and implementation of pharmacy strategic initiatives and provides technical/clinical direction and supervision to pharmacy staff.
- Responsible for assigned pharmacy services/activities including day-to-day operations, drug distribution, drug education, pharmacists clinical activities, performance measurement/improvement, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi-disciplinary team development.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and standards.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and the Inpatient Pharmacy Director to implement, evaluate and improve quality management programs.
- Administers organizational and departmental policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision of pharmacy staff including recommendations regarding hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, discipline, training, performance evaluation/management.
- As assigned, accountable for pharmacy quality, service and fiscal outcomes.
- Ensures that all staff have adequate and ongoing training to enhance and assure job performance.
- Participates in designing, implementing, evaluating/improving systems, and processes designed to enhance quality, improve service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in pharmacy practice (this may be met with internal candidates who have at least two years of pharmacy practice experience at KP).
- Minimum one (1) year of applicable leadership experience, such as lead or supervisor and/or one (1) year Residency or Fellowship or equivalent healthcare experience.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Pharmacy.
- Pharmacist License (Oregon) required at hire
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise self-initiative and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team.
- Minimum five (5) years of contemporary pharmacy practice in a managed care setting.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a pharmacy or health care setting.
- Previous work experience at Kaiser Permanente.
- Pharm.D. preferred
- Thorough knowledge of supervisory/managerial techniques and skills.
- Current working knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and labor agreements.
- General knowledge of business practices in a prepaid group practice setting.
- Working knowledge of National Data Corporation inpatient and outpatient "Datastat" pharmacy software package.
- Demonstrated keyboard skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with stressful, busy environment with a professional controlled demeanor.