Expert Care is in the Details
Providing accurate coding, auditing, and reporting, our medical records team is a highly valued and integral part of our team. We use the most advanced EHR technologies, including EPIC and 3M 360 encompass computer-assisted coding, and foster a strong belief in promoting team members from within.
Tumor Registry Technician ILocation: Clackamas, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 807027 Date posted: 07/25/2019
- Coordinate and facilitate all necessary components of the weekly/bi-monthly Cancer Conference meetings. This would include but is not limited to: collect physician patient requests, identify missing request information, maintain or monitor distribution lists pertaining to the Cancer Conferences, receive and coordinate protocols and minutes, submit CME credits.
- Manage the Tumor Registry suspense system by accessioning and entering defined information on cancer cases into the Tumor Registry database. Complete with 95% accuracy.
- Perform casefinding by identifying malignancy or reportable benign disease processes for inclusion into the Tumor Registry database, by reviewing all pathology, cytology, relevant genetic tests, and nuclear medicine reports as defined by national Tumor Registry standard setters, KPNW Cancer Committee, KPNW physicians and departmental guidelines. Complete with 95% accuracy.
- Analyze and interpret medical information to determine appropriate and timely clinical exam and appropriate testing to have taken place for the cancer patient. Maintain a 90% successful follow-up rate for patients diagnosed with cancer within the last 5 years and a 80% successful follow-up rate for patients diagnosed more than 5 years ago. Complete a minimum of 55 follow-ups daily.
- Provide information to outside facilities relating to continuity of care. Process outside follow-up requests from non-Kaiser Tumor Registries by auditing the medical record for proper follow-up including progression of disease, treatment change and death. Ensure medical information is released in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Two (2) years of experience in a hospital or central tumor registry.
- Associate's degree in health information management or in related health sciences OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field of study.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and principles of disease.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Suite and Lotus Notes email system.
- Highly Effective oral/written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Three (3) years experience in a hospital or central Tumor Registry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Tumor Registry procedures and Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons standards preferred.
- Proficiency in use of computerized data systems. Preferred use of OncoLog registry software system preferred.
- Strong background in use of electronic medical record, EPIC EMR preferred.
- Extensive background in Microsoft Office Suite and Lotus Notes email system preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Information Management Careers
Health Information Management Careers
Our team of medical coding and audit professionals helps us promote successful practices that ensure quality care, regulatory compliance, and accurate reimbursement. Working as a team in a clinic, hospital, or business, or even a remote environment, you'll supply the data that benchmarks our success and serves as an efficient education and training mechanism for our providers and other stakeholders.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.