Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Licensed Practical NurseLocation: Colorado Springs, CO Job Number: 920879 Date posted: 12/01/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications including the consistent use of 5 rights and 3 checks of medication administration, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Applies principles of asepsis and infection control. Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment, including identifying malfunctioning equipment.
- Supports the physician and other medical providers in the care and treatment of patients, including rooming the patient; communicating delays to patient, provider, and team members; and facilitating the medical provider's schedule.
- Practices within scope of practice perimeters as inferred by licensure, standard nursing practice, knowledge, skill level, and KP guidelines.
- Performs routine and specialized nursing procedures following physician's orders and approved nursing care plan, e.g. administers treatment using therapeutic equipment, such as intermittent positive pressure breathing apparatus; administers medications (including narcotics) orally or by injections; and provides specialized nursing care to acutely ill patients. If IV certified LPN, may perform intravenous therapy, as per Colorado State Board of Nursing Chapter IX.
- Monitors patient's condition by observing, collecting, reporting, and recording objective/subjective data; identifies changes in the patient's condition; collect data and report sign and symptoms of deviation from normal health status, symptoms and/or reactions to medications and treatments; initiates appropriate standard emergency procedures and reports adverse patient conditions to physician, Nursing Manager, or registered nurse.
- Teaches and promotes general preventive health measures to patients and members of their families regarding home health care, such as use of medications, administering injections, taking blood pressure, general post-operative care, and general diabetic care. Disseminates pre-printed standard aftercare instructions and pre-printed patient instruction material. Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Assists physician with examinations, treatments and minor surgery, by preparing patient and room for a specific procedure and attending patient during procedure.
- Records pertinent information in patient's medical chart, e.g., patient's nursing history, physical data, vital signs, symptoms, treatments, examinations, medications administered, reactions and general observations, according to standard requirements.
- Assists in orienting and training new employees, as assigned. May perform the duties of a Nursing Assistant or Medical Receptionist, as required. May assign/coordinate activities for nursing and medical assistants and medical receptionist.
- Orders, stores and maintains adequate inventory of supplies and instruments used by department as assigned.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
SEIU Local 105 - $23.97 - $27.06
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.