Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Clinical Exercise Specialist- Per DiemLocation: Corona, CA Additional Locations:
Iris Medical Offices 27350 Iris Ave., 27350 Iris Ave., Moreno Valley,California, 92555
Moreno Valley Medical Offices 12815 Heacock St., 12815 Heacock St., Moreno Valley,California, 92553
Palm Desert Medical Offices 75-036 Gerald Ford Dr., 75-036 Gerald Ford Dr., Palm Desert,California, 92211
Van Buren Medical Offices 3951 Van Buren Blvd., 3951 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside,California, 92503
West Annex - Parsons 74 N. Pasadena Ave., 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
Wildomar Medical Offices 36450 Inland Valley Dr., 36450 Inland Valley Dr., Wildomar,California, 92595
Indio Medical Offices 46-900 E. Monroe St., 46-900 E. Monroe St., Indio,California, 92203
Meridian Medical Offices 14305 Meridian Pkwy., 14305 Meridian Pkwy., Riverside,California, 92518
Murrieta Medical Offices, 28150 Keller Rd., Murrieta,California, 92563 Job Number: 779801 Date posted: 03/19/2019
- Facilitates behavior/education change groups and/or individual consulting established within theory-based practice.
- Identifies education and needs of patients.
- Implements instructional objectives and counseling strategies based upon need assessments.
- May track, evaluate and document patient progress towards identified goals.
- May Provide individual short term or long term counseling to promote or maintain behavior change.
- Serves as a patient advocate in the coordination and delivery of services both within the organization and the community.
- Provides in-services and training to staff members, as assigned.
- Prepares reports as assigned.
- Provides input into the development and modification of program curriculum, support materials and activities.
- NOTE: Must be able to work flexible hours, evening hours as required.
- PAY RATE: Scale.
- Bachelor's degree, certification and/or four (4) years of experience in area of instruction or related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of educational psychology, behavior change, adult learning theory, educational methodologies, and organization behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in education or counseling preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Computer literacy preferred.
- Personal Trainer certification preferred
- Requires a current BLS card and valid drivers license.
- This position will be primarily scheduled to work in the fitness center leading fitness classes with gym equipment.
- Must be capable of operating exercise machinery and lifting heavy objects as part of the routine job functions.
- This position is not a represented position, but will work in a union environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.