Account Executive, Small Business Accounts
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Sales Results
- Develops sales opportunities and executes account and/or book of business plans to achieve membership goals.
- Develops open enrollment and sales strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership attainment, growth and to protect against losses.
- Uses pricing and products to anticipate and to create opportunities for growth, which may include effective use of the revenue investment funds or other alternative options to support business targets.
- Sell with right rate, product benefit mix and conditions of offering in compliance with KP policy and procedures and federal and state law.
- Complete analysis of sales strategies and communicate lessons learned and future strategies.
- Develop and present finalist presentations, coordinating the various teams and resources.
- Sales Strategy & Planning
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Identify, qualify and assess prospects.
- Identifies and prioritizes target accounts/sales, developing specific account/sales plans, and directing daily activities to achieve goals.
- Effectively manages all aspects of the renewal process including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations.
- Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account and sales results.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing sales plan objectives.
- Maintain accuracy of prospect database and targeted prospect profiles and strategic sales plans.
- Sales Partnerships
- Collaborates with internal partners/Manager to maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with brokers/channel partnerships to develop a strategy to achieve growth targets.
- Continuously engages customers and/or channels to understand KPs value from the customers point of view and strategically align our capabilities to fill their needs.
- Sales Execution
- Ensures that account data is current, accurate and complete on internal sales tracking system(s).
- Actively engages in enrollment meetings.
- Attend targeted industry conferences, representing KP regionally within the assigned territory. Reports back to the enterprise key findings, perceptions.
- Develops and executes demonstrations and training to teach employers, brokers and/or agency contacts KP online technology to maximize all KP online tools.
- Effectively leverages use of supporting staff to optimize sales execution and time management between membership and employer focused activities.
- Manage Implementation Process
- Identify and communicate broker needs and expectations to other departments to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Ensure accurate use of sales systems.
- Ensure accurate enrollment processes.
- Review and resolve outstanding broker and customer issues.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships required.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration:
- Must meet all state and federal licensure, as applicable, as dictated by regional requirements.
- Continuing education as required by specific-state Department.
- Demonstrated record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Strong computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases, required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills required.
- Effective account management skills.
- Excellent customer service phone skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and a quick learner of key information.
- Collaborative work style.
- Some knowledge of and experience with employee benefits.
- Continuing education as required by specific-state Department of Insurance.
- Experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance carrier, TPA, or benefits administration preferred.
- One (1) year experience in sales, account management or health plan administration, in the health care industry preferred.
- One (1) year experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts preferred.