NP Nurse Practitioner Ortho FT - Franklin Medical Center
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts."
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications including the consistent use of 5 rights and 3 checks of medication administration, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Obtains a pertinent medical history, performs an appropriate physical examination, and reviews relevant laboratory or radiologic (or other) studies to assess the patient's medical, physical, psychological, and relevant socio-economic status.
- Will have full access to patient medical records and other information pertinent to those patients under his/her care.
- Formulates an accurate and appropriate diagnosis based on elicited data, and includes differential diagnoses as appropriate.
- Develops and implements treatment plans that are aligned with the practice preferences of the CollaboratingPhysician(s) including orders for medication and/or other treatment modalities, the need for additional testing, consultation to other providers, and follow-up provisions.
- Provides care with attention to safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Plans are appropriately prioritized and adapted to the patient and circumstance.
- Performs procedures within the limits of their expertise and in accordance with the State Regulations and Organizational Policies.
- Educates and counsels patients and their families regarding their treatment plan, including disease prevention and health promotion.
- Promotes the availability of culturally-sensitive health and resource information that is evidence-based, patient centered, and enables informed choice.
- Documents all examination data, diagnostic impressions, appropriate codes, and other patient care activities in the medical record, including the name(s) of any consulted physicians or other providers.
- Observes the principles and techniques of Universal Precautions.
- Conducts telephonic and virtual encounters as appropriate.
- Manages assigned in-basket tasks.
- Takes necessary and appropriate actions in emergency situations.
- Performs other clinical/administrative duties as directed.
- Makes the patient the primary focus of their actions; develops and sustains productive and compassionate patient relationships.
- Leads the health care team by influence, innovation, and by modeling integrated effective patient care and exemplary service.
- Promotes and maintains a physically safe and confidential environment for care.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team.
- Knows their personal limitations and when to seek advice and/or consultation from other members of the health care team
- Understands and acknowledges the impact of personal values and cultural differences on the patient-provider relationship.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical competence through participation in continuing education and other activities.
- Maintains professional certification and active licensure.
- Participates in the training and/or mentoring of new employees, colleagues, and students.
- Participates in quality assurance activities including the Peer Review process.
- Has the quality of their care evaluated by the Collaborating Physician(s) as stipulated by State and/or KFHP/CPMG policies.
- Evaluates personal performance and establishes annual goals aligned with KFHP regional expectations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and complies with relevant (Federal, State, and/or Organizational) laws, rules, and policies; including licensure and certification.
- Educates and promotes the roles of the APN/PA to patients and members of the health care team.
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduation from an accredited graduate nursing program approved by the Colorado State Board of Nursing.
- Current un-restricted licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Current active listing in the Colorado Advanced Practice Registry and is in compliance with those requirements.
- On-going BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required at time of hire.
- Full or Provisional Prescriptive authority required.
- Active DEA Registration Certification by start date. (DEA Registration Certification is not required to bid on a position, but will be required to begin work.)
- Must obtain and remain credentialed by the Colorado Permanente Medical Group by start date.
- Education and Certification must be congruent with population focus of the position. (Example: for positions in Pediatrics, the APN must be certified as either an FNP-BC or PNP-BC).
- Taxonomy codes required at time of hire.
- Must obtain Full Prescriptive Authority within two years of hire date.
- For positions requiring the administration of procedural sedation, ACLS certification and procedural sedation competency required within 90 days of hire
Working days, nights, weekends and holidays
BLS required, Orthopedic experience required