Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Cardiology TechnicianLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Rock Creek Medical Offices 280 Exempla Cir., 280 Exempla Cir., Lafayette,Colorado, 80026
Lone Tree Medical Offices, 10240 Park Meadows Dr., Lonetree,Colorado, 80124 Job Number: 767867 Date posted: 01/30/2019
- Reviews patient's medical records to obtain patient's previous EKGs. Reviews appointment schedule to determine appropriate patient visit order, greets & escorts patient to exam or treatment room in a caring & courteous manner. Instructs &/or assists patients in preparation for scheduled procedures.
- Interviews patient to determine reason for visit, takes weight and vital signs, e.g blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, pulse ox; records information in patient's medical record; and reports findings to appropriate personnel, according to standard requirements.
- Reports to appropriate personnel (RN , NP, or MD) when patient exhibits distress, SOB, chest pain, diaphoretic, nausea and vomiting, dusky in color, pain, or when the patient verbalizes complaints or pain.
- Performs electrocardiograph testing according to precise standards. Activates & monitors process to ensure technical quality of electrocardiograms, records results following standard procedures.
- Assists w/performing treadmill stress testing (including ability to educate patient about echo, treadmill, nuclear stress tests, pharmacological stress testing according to standard requirements.).
- Ability to report & identify EKG changes during treadmill tests, to assist RN's during testing.
- Applies holter/event monitors; educates the patient w/ holter/event monitor procedure.
- Educates the patients on technical equipment (such as implantable devices) and procedures per KP Policies/Departmental guidelines.
- Assists medical providers w/routine & specialized examinations & procedures as approved by the Nursing Manager
- Performs appropriate basic, routine and regular delegated medical functions as directed and within appropriate scope of practice as inferred by knowledge, skill level, and KP guidelines (e.g. EKG tests, sputum specimens, and urine cultures) using appropriate instruments, techniques, and specimen labeling process.
- Prepares exam rooms for medical providers by monitoring supply inventory, cleaning, stocking & arranging supplies, equipment & instruments.
- Responsible for maintaining Oxygen tanks (inventory, tanks are operational).
- Physically demanding position.
- Screens & routes incoming telephone calls, takes & relays messages to appropriate personnel.
- Performs routine clerical & reception duties as required, to ensure efficient functioning of department.
- Orders, stores & maintains adequate inventories of departmental supplies used for cardiac test, exams & procedures.
- Works w/ peers to coordinate daily tasks & schedules.
- Demonstrates customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand KP customer needs.
- Demonstrates flexibility and readily assists other staff members.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Successful completion of an approved program in 12 Lead EKG testing and interpretation.
- ONE (1) of the following:
- Passing grade in a Medical Assistant (MA) program with one (1) year experience of cardiac related experience,
- Certified Cardiac Technician (CCT),
- Bachelors of Science degree in Medical or Health Sciences,
- (Copy of diploma and transcripts from programs required).
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS certification.
- ACLS is preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.