Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Clinical Lab AssistantLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 814279 Date posted: 07/23/2019
- Greets, instructs and communicates to all patients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Clearly communicates patient collection instructions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specimen collection processes. Proficient with computer systems and multiple software programs as required, according to company and departmental procedures.
- Successfully completes the required laboratory orientation, training, competencies and on-going education as assigned.
- Follows established procedures for patient identification, specimen collection and labeling.
- Receives and processes specimens received from patients and other departments.
- Assesses specimen integrity and prepares, packages and arranges for transport of specimens as required. Processes specimens to include racking, creating work lists and loading instruments.
- Performs maintenance on equipment and is responsible for equipment startup and shutdown as assigned.
- Answers and assists with routine telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. Provides excellent customer service skills and has positive customer interactions. Demonstrates good service recovery skills.
- Conducts him/herself in accordance with the principles of the Labor Management Partnership & the Bedrock Cultural Elements
- Performs waived & moderate complexity lab testing according to established laboratory procedures. Enters lab results into the computer system for waived & moderate complexity testing.
- Communicates and documents results, including alert values, to clinical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum six (6) months of concentrated phlebotomy experience within the three years may be substituted for the phlebotomy training program.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Phlebotomy training program and successful completion of a phlebotomy externship of at least 80 hours within a four week period within the last year.
- Or completion of an accredited Phlebotomy training program and two (2) years of previous concentrated phlebotomy experience.
- Or completion of a Medical Assistant program that includes phlebotomy training anda minimum of six (6) months of concentrated phlebotomy experience within the past three (3) years.
License, Certification, Registration
- Effective Jan 1, 2012, all new hires must take either the AMT, ASCP or ASPT certification exam and successfully pass within the first year of employment.
- Routine pager, on-call duties are required.
- Has positive customer interactions and demonstrates good service recovery skills.
- Provides excellent customer service skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.