Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Gastroenterology SchedulerLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 795295 Date posted: 05/17/2019
- Schedules Gastroenterology procedures for the entire region.
- Schedules Anesthesia for Gastroenterology procedures within OpTime.
- Schedules preop evaluations within the Preop Evalutaion Education Center (PEEC).
- Reviews the patient care history on CIS and Health Connect and Gastroenterology scheduling system.
- Strong knowledge of every procedure in the Gastroenterology Department.
- Interviews the patient/provider regarding possible surgeries or other medical conditions before finalizing procedures.
- Instructs patients on the appropriate preparation for procedures as to what to do and what to avoid.
- Confers with Gastroenterologist as needed.
- Serves as a resource on appropriate procedures and other information.
- Maintains and enhances knowledge base necessary to identify and make scheduling decisions.
- Remains informed on new technologies and their implications for patients and the Gastroenterology Department.
- Must be able to order prescriptions, labs and other tests that pertain to Gastroenterology that is required by physician.
- Manage essential office activities such as, typing, faxing, sending certified letters, and answering all incoming phone calls.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Two (2) years of experience scheduling physicians/surgeons, preferably in Gastroenterology.
- Previous experience in managing high volume of calls is required.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of courses in basic medical terminology and basic anatomy, or demonstrated knowledge.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to work effectively with providers, patients, support staff and other personnel to coordinate gastroenterology schedules, which requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- ICD codes and medical terminology needed.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills essential.
- Testing Required: Previous experience using a computer terminal required. Must meet typing requirement of 35 words per minute.
- One (1) year of college level courses preferred.
- On-line appointment scheduling or completion of training course highly preferred.
Scheduling experience preferred; Proficient telephone, typing and computer skills
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.