Labor Liaison - Part-time
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Salary Range: $49.42/hour - $58.13/hour
Responsible for collaborating in the development and implementation of strategies which enhance Kaiser Permanentes market position and increase Kaiser Permanente membership amongst union-represented employee populations. Serves as a Liaison between labor unions and Kaiser Permanente. Evaluates and shares feedback and general needs related to health care coverage for their represented populations. Collaborates with Sales and Account Management leadership, Office of Labor Management Partnership, Partnership unions, individual Account Managers and cross-functional Kaiser Permanente teams to develop and execute account management strategies and tactics from a labor perspective to achieve business line goals.
- Works with account team in prioritizing and targeting accounts and developing specific account plans as they apply to union representation in those accounts.
- Understands the needs and interests of unions at a regional and local level and facilitates communication between unions and Sales & Account Management.
- Provides guidance to account teams on sales and communication skills to union leaders and represented populations.
- Stays current on labor environment, industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Coordinates with Sales & Account Management to maintain positive relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders in the labor community.
- Collaborates with other business lines to develop effective strategies that increase membership, and to communicate these best practices.
- Represents the view of our union influencers/customers on committees and work groups, makes presentations to internal audiences about labor trends, and represents KP externally, including working with labor, community groups or industry organizations.
- Acts as project lead in the coordination of solution development and the implementation of the final product/service. Provides on-going project management and status reporting at all levels.
- Ensures that account data regarding union representation is current, accurate and complete on internal computer systems.
- Demonstrates expertise in functional area business processes and understands assigned and cross functional areas.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience working directly with union leaders and members to provide consultation and/or influence.
- Bachelors degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field. High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Understanding of union structures and decision-making process, public sector environment and other trends (economic, within the labor movement, etc.) that may impact policy and environment regarding labors position on health care and employee plans.
- Strong computer, research and analytic skills, including experience creating public presentations using Microsoft Office programs, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills required.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional internal teams to move common goals and strategies forward.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Work is accomplished without considerable direction.
- Three (3) years of experience with employee health benefits to include collective bargaining, advocacy or implementation of employee benefits.
- Three (3) years working for a union that represents public sector employees.
- Knowledge of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest