Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Laboratory TechnicianLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 814289 Date posted: 07/25/2019
- Performs and reports accurate and timely clinical laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory.
Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with accrediting body and laboratory policy. Analyzes and appraises lab results relative to each other and to the pertinent QA data. Reviews test results in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Solves problems and makes independent decisions. Participates in quality assurance activities. Performs and documents quality control. Recognizes and resolves variances from normal. Documents quality improvement activities according to protocol. Assists clinicians in resolving quality concerns. Collaborates to identify, develop and implement process improvements.
- Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration and makes minor repairs to instrumentation.
- Performs specimen collection procedures and processes specimens for tracking and transport as needed.
- May participate in interviewing and selecting potential candidates for hiring. Trains and orients new employees.
- Contributes to a cost-effective laboratory operation and helps maintain an adequate supply inventory.
- Assists with implementation of new method and/or instrumentation startup, validations and correlations.
- Proficient with computer systems and multiple software programs as required, according to company and departmental procedures.
- Successfully completes the required laboratory orientation, training, competencies and on-going education as assigned.
- May Performs all related duties of a Clinical or Technical Lab Assistant as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must possess the credentials to perform the job duties as a MLT and be registered with or currently eligible for registry with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or NCA or its equivalent. Must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Has positive customer interactions and demonstrates good service recovery skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.