Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Medical AssistantLocation: Denver, CO Job Number: 929183 Date posted: 01/07/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications including the consistent use of 5 rights and 3 checks of medication administration, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Performs duties and responsibilities with excellence, enthusiasm, great service orientation demonstrating courteous behaviors and mannerisms, and by anticipating physician and other medical providers needs. Demonstrates flexibility and readily assists other staff members. Maintains a safe and healthy work environment for patients, self, and others.
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms for use by physicians and other medical providers by cleaning, stocking and arranging supplies, equipment and instruments. Prepares treatment rooms for special procedures using knowledge of sterile technique, as required. Cleans, packages and sterilizes reusable supplies and instruments, as needed, appropriately using germicide solution.
- Reviews and communicates to physician and other medical providers appointment schedule to determine patient visit order and solicits special instructions or requests for the day, greets and escorts patient to examination or treatment room in a respectful, warm and caring manner. Keeps patients, physician or other medical providers, and other team members, informed of physician's or other medical provider's status and/or time delays throughout the day.
- Interviews patient to determine reason for visit; takes patient's vital signs, e.g., blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, height and weight; records information in patient's medical record; and reports findings to appropriate personnel, according to standard requirements.
- Instructs or assists patients in preparation for scheduled procedures, in a caring and courteous manner. Provides routine verbal and written instructions to patients as specifically directed, such as use of crutches, cast care and wound care; escorts patients to other patient care areas, as needed.
- Performs appropriate basic, routine and regular delegated medical functions as directed and within appropriate scope of practice as inferred by knowledge, skill level, and KP guidelines (e.g., vision screening, ear irrigations, hearing tests, hematocrit, tonometry measurements, EKG tests, collecting throat, wound, and sputum specimens, and urine cultures) using appropriate instruments, techniques, and specimen labeling process.
- Supports physicians and other medical providers performing routine examination and treatment procedures by attending patient during procedures and providing appropriate supplies and instruments.
- Performs routine clerical and reception duties, as required, such as completing patient visit records, maintaining departmental logs, answering telephones and taking messages, checking in patients, and scheduling patient appointments.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as assisting in orienting and training new employees, transporting equipment or patient, stocking shelves, taking inventories, ordering supplies.
- Demonstrates computer literacy for charting and reviewing in an automated medical record. Works within scope of practice and according to KP policies. Complies with regulatory requirements and standards of care.
- Medical Assistants hired before 4/14/03 with medication administration knowledge & skill competency validation prior to 1/1/05 and a current annual competency validation and written provider sponsor agreement may administer ONLY routine & regularly given meds per the regional medication administration guideline. MAs can not administer medications that require drug dose calculation.
SEIU Local 105 - $20.43- $ 22.30
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.