Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
SEIU Local 105 $21.69/hour- $23.67/ hour
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to safe medication administration practices , procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Performs appropriate basic, routine and regular delegated medical functions as directed and within appropriate scope of practice as inferred by knowledge, skill level, and KP guidelines (e.g., vision screening, ear irrigations, hearing tests, hematocrit, tonometry measurements, EKG tests, collecting throat, wound, and sputum specimens, and urine cultures) using appropriate instruments, techniques, and specimen labeling process.
- Supports physicians and other medical providers performing routine examination and treatment procedures by attending patient during procedures and providing appropriate supplies and instruments.
- Performs routine clerical and reception duties, as required, such as completing patient visit records, maintaining departmental logs, answering telephones and taking messages, checking in patients, and scheduling patient appointments.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as assisting in orienting and training new employees, transporting equipment or patient, stocking shelves, taking inventories, ordering supplies.
- Demonstrates computer literacy for charting and reviewing in an automated medical record. Works within scope of practice and according to KP policies. Complies with regulatory requirements and standards of care.
- Administers specific medications to identified patient age groups in identified departments as determined by the regional Nursing Service department..
- Performs duties and responsibilities with excellence, enthusiasm, great service orientation demonstrating courteous behaviors and mannerisms, and by anticipating physician and other medical providers needs. Demonstrates flexibility and readily assists other staff members. Maintains a safe and healthy work environment for patients, self, and others.
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms for use by physicians and other medical providers by cleaning, stocking and arranging supplies, equipment and instruments. Prepares treatment rooms for special procedures using knowledge of sterile technique, as required. Cleans, packages and sterilizes reusable supplies and instruments, as needed, appropriately using germicide solution.
- Reviews and communicates to physician and other medical providers appointment schedule to determine patient visit order and solicits special instructions or requests for the day, greets and escorts patient to examination or treatment room in a respectful, warm and caring manner. Keeps patients, physician or other medical providers, and other team members, informed of physicians or other medical providers status and/or time delays throughout the day.
- Interviews patient to determine reason for visit; takes patients vital signs, e.g., blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, height and weight; records information in patients medical record; and reports findings to appropriate personnel, according to standard requirements.
- Instructs or assists patients in preparation for scheduled procedures, in a caring and courteous manner. Provides routine verbal and written instructions to patients as specifically directed, such as use of crutches, cast care and wound care; escorts patients to other patient care areas, as needed.
- Successful Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program and a minimum of a 120 hours of clinical experience.
- Copy of diploma and transcripts from program required OR letter from school attesting to successful completion of KPCO Medical Assistant Apprenticeship program.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest