Occupational Health Nurse
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Supervises and oversees staff engaged in providing pre-employment history review and screening. Ensures that employees are screened, counseled and treated in accordance with the TB Exposure Control Plan, Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Plan, and all other occupational infectious disease exposure guidelines. Coordinates follow-up of occupational exposures; assists with regulatory compliance and monitoring. Provides advice, consultation & education to employees regarding health maintenance. Plans and coordinates pilots and implementation of new sharps safety devices. Participates in the National Sharps Safety Team (NSST). Practices professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanentes Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Responds appropriately, including required reporting, to observed fraud or abuse.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Performs new hire assessments, respirator fit testing, and education.
- Maintain all logs, periodic reports, employee files, and information management systems.
- Maintains summaries and reports required for employee annual updates and notifications of upcoming mandatory follow up actions.
- Conducts surveillance and follow-up of employee exposures to communicable diseases. Coordinates and oversees the treatment of employees for TB exposure, blood borne pathogen exposure, and all other occupational infectious disease exposure.
- Promote interdisciplinary approach for the identification, tracking, and resolution of employee health issues. Supports additional programs including Human Resources, IDM, Workplace Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, Ergonomics, and Infection Prevention to ensure employee safety and compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Monitors and ensures that Employee Health RN partners in all clinical locations are following appropriate protocols.
- Assists with the immunization program.
- Assists with the Workplace Safety accident investigation program.
- Minimum three (3) years of medical or surgical nursing experience, preferably experienced in hospital employee health, infection control, immunizations, health/safety programs, or the treatment of workplace illness/injury or preventive medicine required.
- Applicant must be a graduate of an approved RN program that meets Colorado State Board of Nursing curriculum requirements.High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (Colorado)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Must also be available 24-7, for blood borne pathogen exposure consultation on a rotational basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee health records.
- May be required to lift and carry boxes using proper lifting techniques of about 10-15 pounds on occasion.
- Position requires sitting, standing, and working with constant interruptions.
- Requires work around hazardous waste, syringes and various sharps safety devices.
- MS office proficiency required.
- BLS preferred.
- Certification or eligibility as a certified occupational health nurse preferred.
- Knowledge of occupational health, safety, ergonomic, and workers compensation preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA law, FMLA, and ADA preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.