PTCB Pharmacy Technician- Franklin/Skyline, 32 hrs
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Works closely with pharmacists, team members and other pharmacies to fill prescription orders. Additional duties include but are not limited to; cash handling, robotics, cleaning, inventory support, filing, phone duty. Works with other health care professionals. Works with software applications for inventory management. Performs the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Clerk, as required. Deals with sensitive patient care issues including safety and quality.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Minimum one (1) year of pharmacy technician work experience - OR - one (1) year of experience working as a Kaiser Colorado Pharmacy Clerk - OR - completion of a pharmacy technician-training program of at least five (5) months which included a community practice rotation - OR - certification by a nationally recognized certification Board.
- High school diploma or General Education Equivalency (GED) required.
- Certification or provisional certification by the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy.
- PTCB certification required for all external applicants OR must be an Internal KPCO non-certified tech. Non-certified techs can bid on this job for mobility to other facilities and will continue to be titled and coded as Non-Certified Pharmacy Tech.
- PTCB certification is required for all internal applicants outside the pharmacy department.
- Prolonged standing and the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must authorize a DEA screening.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Ability to perform basic calculations required to determine compounding procedures for medications.
- Effective oral communication skills with patients, providers, and co-workers.
- Basic math skills, computing skills, and knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
- Experience with pharmacy operation systems.
- Experience with personal computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point preferred.