Quality Performance Coordinator
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the laws, regulations and clinical standards impacting the ambulatory surgery center. Revises and develops internal guidelines and policies and procedures as necessary to meet all legal, AAAHC and professional requirements. Assures staff and physicians receive training as appropriate on guidelines and PPs. Provides oversight for preparation for and coordination of external regulatory, accrediting or licensing body surveys. Responsible for developing QI studies for the ASC, in accordance with AAAHC standards. Monitors ongoing quality data, and generates reports based on QI activities. Chairs KASC QA committee. Coordinates with relevant parties within Kaiser Permanente to ensure integration and operationalization of current/changing quality assurance issues and developments. Interfaces with regulatory agencies in the event of inspections, citations and inquiries. Drafts formal responses in conjunction with legal counsel and others.
- This position knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures confidentially. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Position may need to work with constant interruptions.
- Other duties may include assisting the Quality and Compliance team with any additional tasks, helping to define strategic initiatives, and supporting the Quality and Compliance team and departmental goals.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in various quality assurance, accreditation, patient safety and/or compliance projects.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Registered Nurse License (Colorado)
- Working knowledge of AORN/ASPAN/AAMI standards as related to Risk Management, Quality, Infection Control and regulatory agencies.
- Successful completion of Excel, Word and PowerPoint assessment with minimum of 80%.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and implement change.
- Experience in quality monitoring, tracking, and outcome analysis and training.
- Minimum one (1) year Quality/Compliance or Patient Safety experience preferred.
- Surgical experience preferred.
- Masters Degree preferred.