Radiologic Technologists / CT & MRI
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
“May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts.
Operates computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging scanners and related equipment to produce images of specified areas of the body, in accordance with the Radiologists instructions, using knowledge of CT/MRI techniques and procedures, sterile techniques, basic nursing procedures, patient care and monitoring, anatomical relationships and the contour and composition of body tissues. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Instructs patient in preparing for examinations; explains, in a courteous manner, all procedures to be performed. Administers contrast media, as necessary, under direction of physician. Positions patient to obtain desired images in accordance with physicians instruction and using knowledge of human anatomy. Monitors patient during sedation under direction of a physician and supervision of Imaging RN.
- Operates CT/MRI equipment to produce images of specified areas of the body, using knowledge of physiology and cross-sectional anatomy. Monitors images and makes necessary adjustments to obtain optimal images according to radiologist designated protocols. Confers with Radiologist to establish requirements for non-standard examinations.
- Operates and maintain image recording equipment, including computer, disk drives, image storage equipment and other devices. Processes and / or reformats images as required. Consistently operates Radiology Information System to ensure accurate patient information by: tracking patient in/out of procedure room, tracking supplies/films used, identifying patient films, and tracking repeated films.
- Maintains daily / monthly quality control of all CT/MRI procedures and related equipment by monitoring the operating condition of the equipment, and evaluating image quality. Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Prepares and maintains CT/MRI records and files, as required. Maintains daily log and enters statistics into computer. Compiles data and prepares reports in accordance with established guidelines. Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies used in providing CT/MRI services according to established guidelines.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and appropriately at all times. Communicates verbally in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrates courteous and appropriate telephone skills. Communicates in writing accurately, completely and legibly, and routes such communication appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients in the age group served. Assesses data reflective of the patients status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and provides the care needed in accordance with department policy. Exercises clinical judgment within scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as required to include assisting with scheduling member appointments.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Minimum six (6) months of recent computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High school graduation or General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Successful completion of an approved training program in radiologic technology plus currently registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in CT and in MR.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Computed Tomography from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Magnetic Resonance Imaging from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Ability to operate CT and MRI equipment and perform related technical procedures. Management reserves the right to specify required modality experience based on business needs.
- Working knowledge of CT and MRI techniques and procedures, anatomical relationships and the contour and composition of body tissues.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a caring and courteous manner.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 44 pounds throughout the workday. May require heavy lifting.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- PRN - On/Call Position that will cover variable shifts at multiple KP Medical Imaging sites.
- Dual certification in MRI and CT
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest