The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Registered Nurse-Ambulatory Surgery ON-CALLLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Lone Tree Medical Offices, 10240 Park Meadows Dr., Lonetree,Colorado, 80124 Job Number: 709325 Date posted: 06/14/2018
Practices professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Such functions include the initiation and performance of nursing care through health promotion, supportive or restorative care, disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human disease, ailment, pain, injury, deformity, and physical or mental condition using specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles. CRS 12-38-103 (10). Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- (Adopted from Colorado State Nurse Practice Act CRS 12-38-103) Evaluating health status through the collection and assessment of health data CRS 12-38-103 (10).
- Collects subjective and objective data.
- Analyzes reports, and record data.
- Uses data to identify health care problems and create plan.
- Prioritizes patient-s needs.
- Triage patients either in person or via telephone and implements proper course of action in accordance with established protocol/guideline or in consultation with provider.
- Conducts telephone calls backs to patients requiring follow-up care.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Health teaching and health counseling to patients and/or their families.
- Executing delegated medical functions which delivers aspects of care that implement and are consistent with the medical plan as prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or person acting under the physician-s delegated authority.
- Administers intravenous therapy and other medications.
- Providing therapy and treatment that is supportive and restorative to life and well being either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to (per Colorado State Board of Nursing rules and regulations for delegation), supervision of, or teaching others. Referring to medical or community agencies per Kaiser Permanente guidelines those patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance.
- Review and monitor therapy and treatment patient plans.
- Initiate appropriate consultations and/or actions accordingly.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of care between health care services; manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources.
- Leads health care team by influence and role modeling integrated effective nursing practice, service, innovation and providing outstanding support for physician practices.
- Patient advocate.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Minimum one (1) year of current operating room experience.
- Graduate of board approved RN program and completed a minimum of 750 clock hours of faculty planned clinical experience and guided learning activities which required direct supervision by faculty, associate nursing instructional personnel (ANIP) or preceptor who is physically present or immediately accessible.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- ACLS certification and procedural sedation competency required within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Adequate knowledge of surgical instrumentation and supplies, sterile techniques and intra-operative medications.
- Position requires working with interruptions; with hazardous waste; with hands in water; and around moving equipment such as wheelchairs.
- May be required to lift patients using proper lifting techniques.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code at time of hire preferred.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.