The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Registered Nurse-Cardiovascular Services - On-CallLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 826204 Date posted: 09/03/2019
- Evaluating health status through the collection and assessment of health data CRS 12-38-103 (10).
- Collects subjective and objective data.
- Analyzes reports, and record data.
- Uses data to identify health care problems and create plan.
- Prioritizes patient's needs.
- Triage patients either in person or via telephone and implements proper course of action in accordance with established protocol/guideline or in consultation with provider.
- Conducts telephone calls backs to patients requiring follow-up care.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Health teaching and health counseling to patients and/or their families.
- Executing delegated medical functions which delivers aspects of care that implement and are consistent with the medical plan as prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or person acting under the physician's delegated authority.
- Administers intravenous therapy and other medications.
- Providing therapy and treatment that is supportive and restorative to life and well being either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to (per Colorado State Board of Nursing rules and regulations for delegation), supervision of, or teaching others.
- Referring to medical or community agencies per Kaiser Permanente guidelines those patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance.
- Review and monitor therapy and treatment patient plans.
- Initiate appropriate consultations and/or actions accordingly.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of care between health care services.
- Manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources.
- Leads health care team by influence and role modeling integrated effective nursing practice, service, innovation and providing outstanding support for physician practices.
- Patient advocate.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Working knowledge of strong organization and history taking skills.
- 12-lead EKG interpretation (or course within one month of hire).
- Employee Telephone triage experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.