Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Supervisor, Building EngineersLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 764170 Date posted: 05/13/2019
Supervises and coordinates the activities of maintenance to include computerized Building Automation System, fire and security systems, elevators, and parking structures. Responsible for management of the physical plant which includes personnel. Responsible for the management of maintenance related projects up to $25,000. Ensures work orders are performed properly, timely and preventive maintenance tasks are completed. Compiles with safety and environmental regulations at facilities. Assumes budget responsibilities in achieving financial goals. Complies with all OSHA, HIPPI Standards as well as all other pertinent local, state, and federal regulations.
- Establishes a process for managing responsibilities in the area of environmental, industrial hygiene and other programs. Implements EH&S programs in a variety of functional areas. Provides guidance, direction and resources for staff to ensure implementation of EH&S program.
- Assures all maintenance shops and mechanical areas are maintained in a clean, orderly and safe work condition. Assures daily rounds are completed and documented for the purposes of identifying and investigating problems; develops, recommends and administers corrective measures to insure safe and efficient working conditions.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities, schedules, work assignments, etc. Of maintenance personnel engaged in preventive and corrective maintenance as well as electrical, plumbing, and carpentry work. Coordinates work schedules to ensure adequate staffing; assists&coordinates budgetary needs for the unit while managing the budget to meet department and or regional financial goals.
- Interviews and selects personnel, evaluates work performance;administers personnel policies and procedures. Orients and instructs personnel regarding work safety standards and all aspects of department responsibilities. Promotes and executes team building skills, concepts and processes within the staff. Schedules and facilitates regular staff meetings.
- Works closely in partnership with Project managers to assist in various projects in their assigned areas as requested.
- Participates in performance improvement projects for the department. Develops and implements work and cost standards to raise productivity levels. Serves on various high improvement teams as requested.
- Establishes and maintains inventory levels for vans and maintenance rooms at facilities; coordinates the purchasing of necessary tools and equipment.
- Responds to emergencies and crisis at medical centers and support facilities.
- When manpower levels require and when on call, will perform all duties of the building engineer. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance and repair, electrical, plumbing and carpentry work.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory or lead experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Possession of a valid Stationary Engineer Certificate or Refrigeration Operators Certificate required, OR must attain either certification within one (1) year of hire.
- Ability to supervise maintenance staff and manage the operation maintenance of major building systems.
- Ability to develop and evaluate preventative maintenance programs and control measures to ensure safe and efficient working conditions.General knowledge of engineering principles relating to building systems, local building codes and OSHA standards regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Associate's degree highly desired.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.