Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
Vice President , Quality and SafetyLocation: Denver, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 803517 Date posted: 06/04/2019
The person in this position will provide the strategic leadership for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan to compete as the quality leader in health care. On behalf of the Health Plan, the individual in this role has the overall responsibility for ensuring the quality and safey of programs and services provided to members and patients. This person directs the development, communication and implementation of programs, policies and procedures to oversee, measure and improve the quality of care and safety provided to Kaiser Permanente members in all areas of the Kaiser Permanente Colorado (KPCO) care delivery system. This leader is responsible for effectively partnering with the Colorado Permanente Medical Group Vice President for Quality to plan, develop, and direct the implementation of strategies, policies and programs related to quality initiatives; to direct clinical measurements/guidelines; to ensure regulatory accreditation and compliance; to ensure patient safety, quality management systems, practitioner/provider quality oversight and credentialing have effective quality oversight on behalf of the KFHP Board of Directors. This person proactively collaborates with key Health Plan and physician leaders across the national system to develop and implement strategies, policies, programs and initiatives that support the delivery of high quality, cost-effective, integrated healthcare to members and patients. The leader in this position will partner with other KFHP/H and PMG executives to ensure the leveraging of capabilities and sharing of best practices across the Colorado Region. Core work encompasses program development, including health care delivery and safety, the development of strategic objectives that are incorporated into national and regional business plans; the development of appropriate measures for quality, safety, access, satisfaction and health status that assess the impact of our care on our members and the communities we serve; the development and implementation of programs to meet our regional and national goals and objectives. This position consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to the applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- Partners with CPMG Vice President for Quality to provide overall leadership of KPCO-s quality of care and service improvement program for the delivery system including its contracted hospitals, and its network providers.
- Drives the development of KPCO programs and systems that achieve high quality patient care outcomes across care delivery and position Kaiser Permanente as the quality leader in the market place. KPCO care delivey includes ambulatory services, contract inpatient services, and continuing care services.
- Directs a high functioning quality and safety culture and strategy. Provides oversight for care management, credentialing, clinical quality support (wellness, prevention, health promotion and disease management), patient safety, workplace safety, and identifies and acts on any opportunities for improvement.
- Partners with care delivery leaders by providing timely and accurate quality and regulatory advice, information, consultation and continually measures satisfaction of accountable services.
- Develops strategic prevention plan, implements program guidelines, and develops program evaluation and monitors outcomes for members- health using HEDIS targets and outcomes.
- Collaborates with Compliance and operations to minimize clinical risk and maximize quality outcomes.
- Ensures KFHP Accreditation, Regulatory Compliance and Licensing as appropriate.
- Leads Quality Program Administration, (i.e., QHIC processes) including quality management oversight, health care delivery oversight, assessment and intervention.
- Directs activities to ensure that KPCO obtains and maintains full NCQA accreditation, meets CMS and state and other regulatory requirements.
- Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of key operational relationships between CPMG and KFHP to achieve quality outcomes and ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Identifies obstacles, barriers, and issues impacting KPCO-s ability to meet its quality, workplace safety, patient safety, clinical risk management and regulatory goals and objectives, recommends and facilitates innovative and creative clinical solutions for the entire KPCO delivery system.
- Represents KPCO in strategic matters locally and nationally, particularly those relating to quality of care and service.
- Collaborates with the leaders of the Care Management Institute to obtain appropriate, on-going data on quality outcomes and member and community health status improvements.
- Builds and maintains a strong community presence that contributes to the overall betterment of the community and that promotes KP-s community role and social purpose.
- Minimum eight (8) year-s of management experience, with a minimum of five (5) years in healthcare operations.
- Graduate degree in business administration, health care administration, is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Clinical license
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance outcomes through others.
- In-dept knowledge of and leadership experience with Health Plan hospital and medical group requirements for quality oversight, and accreditation and regulatory compliance.
- Leadership experience working with regulatory agencies and dealing with integrated care delivery systems and coordinated care issues.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including but not limited to:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven capability to motivate change and galvanize action through synthesis and interpretation of financial and outcome data.
- Consistent delivery of results to the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to balance execution of the strategic vision through leadership and delegation, with a willingness and competence to dive into the details, as required
- Proven ability to develop dynamic, constructive working relationship and partnerships with operational physician and labor partners.
- Willingness to challenge the -status quo,- and active risk taker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (negotiation, listening and communication skills) characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders and audiences.
- Demonstrated political savvy-Able to operate in politically complex situations and remain effective.
- The ability to balance strategic development and day-to-day operation responsibilities.
- Proven experience in working with the community in leadership roles.
- Registered Nurse preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 4, 2019
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 9 years
People and mission. Most employees show up every day to serve members. Delivery model is unique and far ahead of most other health systems.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.