VP, Marketing, Sales and Business Development (CO Market)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Vice President of MSBD is a key member of the region’s executive team, responsible for sales & business development, providing leadership in the development and execution of market and business strategies that deliver predictable and sustainable growth in membership, revenue, and margin. The VP is expected to lead the positioning of Kaiser Permanente as the leader in the regional marketplace. This VP position requires high-level collaboration and influencing skills to achieve high performance in a large complex multi-regional enterprise. The position is responsible for leading sales, account management and business development activities for the Colorado Region group purchasers with close to 560,000 members. S/he will provide strategic leadership and direction to position Kaiser Permanente for success in future years. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong strategic planning and leadership skills as well as a track record of developing successful sales teams that meet and exceed annual growth targets. As a member of the Region’s senior management team this position sets and supports strategic direction for the Region. This position is matrixed within the organization providing influence and support to national accounts, labor and trust accounts, underwriting, sales operations, and strategic planning The Vice President is expected to perform at a senior executive level leading the sales strategy and operation for the Region. This position is also a key member of the national Health Plan marketing and sales leadership group and works with the National Health Plan Sales executives including SVP, Commercial Lines of Business and SVP, Consumer Lines of Business (Individual, Family & Medicare) leaders. The expectations for this role include: Effectively positioning Kaiser Permanente in the market by establishing critical relationships and representing Kaiser Permanente as the senior sales executive in the Regional market place and in broader context on behalf of the enterprise. Effectively partner with National LOBs and functions as well as Regional delivery system/PMGs to ensure KP is positioned for sustainable growth. Build, lead and motivate a high performing sales, account management and business development team. Lead efforts to drive an outside-in customer centric organization by being the voice of the customer/consumer to the organization and the Sr. Market Leaders (voice of KP) to the market.
- Position Kaiser Permanente’s business to achieve targeted revenue and membership goals.
- Business development, new sales and account management execution to achieve market membership goals.
- Develop relationships at senior levels in client organizations and in the broker/consulting community and represent Kaiser Permanente as a senior executive.
- Effectively promote the value, benefits, and characteristics of Kaiser Permanente integrated care delivery to current and prospective clients and consumers as well as other stakeholders.
- Collaborate on strategic market assessments including market environments, consumer and group markets, and competitive intelligence, forecasting market trends, and cost structure information.
- Produce a disciplined and accurate approach to membership forecasts and achieve growth targets.
- Negotiate major customer agreements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a national marketing strategy and collaborate with the Marketing leader to develop and execute the marketing strategy for growth in existing and new markets.
- Ensure new sales and renewals close at set pricing and margin targets and are aligned with strategies for specific, targeted segments within a market.
- Partner with National Marketing to develop advertising, marketing communications, brand and public relations strategies that support overall corporate goals, strategic sales objectives, and membership growth and margin enhancement targets.
- Ensure marketing communications link and reinforce integrated communications strategy for internal/external customers that support objectives of local markets and enterprise.
- Advise on product development and enhancement of new products, benefit designs and core competencies.
- Work with leadership team to support new market development; to identify or create ideas for alliances and acquisitions; and to manage portfolio of business units.
This position has a target base salary of $270,000 to $337,500 and is eligible for incentive compensation, an executive allowance, comprehensive health, wellness, time off, savings, and retirement benefits, as well as relocation support, as applicable.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of broad experience in several of the following areas with at least five (5) years in a significant sales leadership role: new business development, marketing, strategic planning, sales management, communications or health care operations.
- Bachelors degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Deep understanding of the health care industry, dynamics and managed care environment. A strong market focus is essential.
- Demonstrated ability building and developing highly effective sales team.
- Proven track record of growing a business.
- Thorough understanding of drivers of health plan profitability and proven experience working across functional lines of a large complex organization to deliver on customer expectations. Proven ability to influence a complex organization to ensure that performance standards are customer driven. Proven track record in managing a large staff of professionals.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategy formulation, market research, sales management and communications. Excellent creative and analytical problem solving skills. Ability to credibly influence decision makers to take action of fact-based recommendations. Strong entrepreneurial style and customer focus.
- Demonstrated experience in management of full life cycle development of product design, price, promotion and placement in execution of a successful sales strategy.
- Proven leadership in driving flawless needed administrative, internal functions in support of the customer.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strength in addressing and defusing high-tension situations comfortably with the ability to translate customer needs and broker feedback into requirements needed in other parts of the organization.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest