Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Certified Anesthesia TechLocation: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 753324 Date posted: 04/30/2019
- Assembles basic anesthesia set up & equipment
- Performs daily anesthesia machine check & subsequent leak tests between cases, including room set up
- Removes disposables from OR at end of case
- Troubleshoots the anesthesia machine & physiological monitors
- Actively participates in problem identification & resolution
- Collaborates w/ the anesthesia provider to develop individualized plan of care that reflects clinical findings
- Prepares machine for malignant hyperthermia when needed
- Assists the anesthesia provider w/ direct patient care: Insertion of difficult venapuncture- infant, child, adolescent & adult, induction, fiberoptic intubation, provides cricoid pressure as needed for intubation, positioning patient for anesthesia blocks, emergency C-sections & labor & delivery, responds to Code Blue, Code Pink, etc. w/ Anesthesia care team
- Manages work assignments to ensure completion of patient care activities
- Sets up invasive monitoring equipment in routine & emergency situations: Swan-Ganz catheter, arterial line, central venous pressure line, PA catheter, & cardiac output
- Assists w/ direct patient care under the direction of the Anesthesia provider
- Performs patient care activities, w/in the scope of practice, considering age related needs of the patient as assigned
- Assists w/ obtaining lab specimens & ABG's, picks up & delivers, awaits results, as indicated
- Coordinates patient monitoring & equipment availability w/ PACU & Critical Care units
- Works w/ perioperative team to facilitate a prompt OR turnover
- Assembles anesthesia equipment & supplies needed for general/regional anesthesia
- Prepares anesthesia procedure trays as requested
- Removes & disposes of all supplies & equipment, following procedures done by the Anesthesia provider
- Performs cleaning, sterilization & decontamination of all non disposable anesthesia related items
- Performs terminal cleaning for all equipment, as scheduled & as needed
- Keeps sufficient stock of supplies & non scheduled drugs in anesthesia workroom, machines & carts
- Reviews for outdated medications
- Coordinates w/ Pharmacy for out of stock drugs
- Utilizes working knowledge & operation of all equipment & monitors
- Performs routine checkout & upkeep of the anesthesia monitoring equipment, as needed
- Inspects instruments & equipment for damages & sends for repair or troubleshoots as needed
- Coordinates w/ Biomedical Engineering for maintenance & repair of anesthesia monitoring equipment, as needed
- Ensures adequate back-up of monitoring equipment at all times
- Maintains record/documentation of equipment maintenance & repairs done in the department
- Maintains inventory of all disposable & non-disposable equipment, including all supplies & orders as needed
- Maintains supply in emergency carts & boxes, such as code blue, malignant hyperthermia, fluid resuscitation/code purple, & fiberoptic/difficult airway
- Participates in evaluation & recommendations for new equipment
- Maintains working relationship w/ approved vendors
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime. Identifies & assists in systems improvements that need simplification or correction
- Utilizes payroll & non-payroll resources to their maximum potential
- Participates w/ the assessment of current & future learning needs & development of an annual educational plan
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Basic EKG certificate/course, preferred
- Certified with the American Society of Technologists and Technicians (ASATT), as a Technologist or Technician
- Valid BLS Provider Card.
- Certificate of training for Drager or GE Anesthesia systems, or other Anesthesia delivery systems, preferred
- Valid ACLS Provider Card, preferred
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in the use of anesthesia equipment, including trouble shooting
- Working knowledge of Anesthesia department procedures
- Knowledge of principles of asepsis
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities required of a Certified Anesthesia Technician
- Able to demonstrate manual dexterity and mechanical ability
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs equipment from an overhead position on a daily basis
- Must be able push/pull up to 500 lbs
- Must be able to stand or walk continuously
- Must be able to exercise judgment and work efficiently and competently with minimal supervision
- Utilizes effective communication strategies, which result in intended outcomes
- Keyboarding skills Upon training, must be able to use appropriate computer software applications, including the Health Connect system
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.