Director Nursing Services RN - Perioperative Services
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Through department managers/staff, directs and manages the delivery of nursing services and safe patient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality,clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members, physician and internal client needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Accountable for the efficient delivery of patient care and support services within the service line for KP members by directing the development, evaluation and utilization of safe, cost effective, high quality nursing practices.
- With Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and SCPMG staff, develops strategic/business plans to achieve integrated services across the continuum of care at multiple sites/departments.
- Directs and ensures continuous quality and safety of staff and patients and improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by managing the design and implementation of systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve safe patient care across the continuum.
- Plans, develops and/or directs the implementation of service area initiatives within the service line shares best practices and standards of care.
- Directs and/or delegates to managers the appropriate delivery and level of services.
- Directs budget management and resource allocation.
- Manages financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality and safety of care and service.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Hires, fires and disciplines as part of performance management.
- Directs compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and regulatory agencies.
- May assume responsibilities of Nurse Executive in their absence.
- Minimum eight (8) years of acute healthcare nursing experience, including a minimum of four (4) years of progressive management and supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in related field (nursing, health administration, business, public health or management).
- Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelor's or Master's degree).
- California RN license required by date of hire.
- BLS certificate required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and healthcare management; Nurse Practice Act, TJC and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.