Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Executive Director, National Pharmacy Strategy and PMOLocation: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 878519 Date posted: 03/11/2020
As market-leader in health insurance and healthcare Kaiser Permanente is continuously work on the access to and affordability for healthcare for its members and patients; and to be a leader in this space across all of healthcare. The key to on-going success is speed and agility while driving innovation and responding to change in a marketplace that is changing rapidly. The incumbent in this role will need to be an ambitious and pioneering leader who has strong business acumen, experience with managing large projects, and a breath of experience including finance and operations, strategy development, and leadership ability. This role will lead the National Pharmacy Strategy and PMO and provide direction for Pharmacy strategy development that utilizes best in class project management, the application of technology, logistics, business process improvement, service quality, consulting skills and business development practices. The National Pharmacy and PMO supports Kaiser Permanente-s quest to disrupt healthcare by assessing opportunities, driving behavioral change and accelerating change within Kaiser Permanente to deliver end-to-end pharmacy customer experiences that truly set us apart in the industry. We are building a roadmap that is strategic, innovative and collaborative. Working closely with pharmacy leaders, regional stakeholders, and Permanente Medical Groups, we take a human-centered design approach and collaboratively create end-to-end solutions. Collectively, we will create immersive experiences for our consumers, our customers, our care team, and our employees to improve engagement, enablement and overall performance. This position will report directly the National Pharmacy CFO, and manage the National Pharmacy strategy, and teams involved in the timely delivery of Pharmacy projects .The role will partner with the SVP, Chief Pharmacy Officer to drive, articulate and execute vision, mission, strategies and tactics to deliver value for pharmacy services delivered by the Kaiser Permanente pharmacy organization. This position will oversee the Kaiser Permanente National Pharmacy strategy development, all pharmacy PMO resources, and provide project management expertise and leadership to prioritized projects. In addition to the strategy development, this position will also support business case development, including program portfolio management, performance reporting, assist with internal communications and Strategic FTE management related programs, including driving of behavior and skills to execute on the vision and mission of the organization to maintain an empowered and engaged workforce. This position is responsible for driving performance and results through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff. This position will also interface with committees that oversee funding resources for investment projects, and be the primary contact in interface regarding business cases.
- Define and implement, in conjunction with the Chief Pharmacy Officer and CFO, the direction of the overall Pharmacy strategy to align with KP-s business goals, objectives and direction
- Provide strategic leadership and creative thinking tied to the analysis of exterior Pharmacy trends and the identification of new opportunities to help drive organizational growth strategies
- Drive strategy / member experience journeys and support Pharmacy products and services delivery strategy from conception through execution based on data and insights, leveraging user testing, analytics and market research
- Manage and oversee the delivery of projects necessary to execute on the defined strategy and success criteria that includes end-to-end human-centered design, architecture, technology selection, business case development, portfolio management, agile delivery, marketing/adoption, and operations
- Research and analyze pharmaceutical industry trends and identify potential opportunities and/or areas of focus for consideration by National Pharmacy leadership.
- Work closely with national and regional stakeholders to understand opportunities and to assess and prototype end-to-end solutions to meet their needs
- Oversee the execution of strategic initiatives and lead the PMO governance process across National Pharmacy to ensure alignment of projects with business objectives, including delivery of multi-year planning and business cases
- Define and establish processes and procedures in partnership with National Pharmacy stakeholders (functional and regional leaders) to build scalable and compliant processes with a focus on continuous improvement to drive efficiencies in our delivery and support Kaiser Permanente-s Affordability agenda to reduce cost of health care
- Support the business operations function for National Pharmacy by:
- Managing program portfolio, including tracking, reporting and mitigating overall risk for all National projects,
- Working in conjunction with the CFO to develop long-term investment planning to ensure funding to support pharmacy strategies and innovating solutions to address opportunities
- Develop accurate business cases that assess opportunities for hard and soft savings, and ensures appropriate confidence levels on project costs included in business cases.
- Financial management, working with CFO and his representatives, to monitor project budget(s). Plans IOI and works with CFO to ensure inclusion in regional budgets.
- Workforce planning on ensuring project teams are optimally organized and to help develop the right skill sets to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Compliance management to ensure that our employees are compliant with all policies and that they complete any required training,
- Enforcing any standards established by this role and required by Kaiser Permanente
- Establish and drive people program and cultural norms for the Strategy/PMO.
- Execute on various projects as required to support priorities of the Chief Pharmacy Officer
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible project management experience in Pharmacy and/or healthcare, including planning, budget/financial management, and staffing.
- MBA or other Masters degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Preference given to those with experience managing large projects in a pharmacy, healthcare, or consulting environment.
- Strong experience in a senior leadership role while acting in a project management or strategic plan development capacity to execute and delivery on innovative solutions in support of the business. Strong track record in delivering and executing on projects.
- Demonstrated experience and accomplishments in developing, recommending and influencing decisions based on a strong fact base, building consensus, and communicating effectively in business (non-technical) terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Executive-level professional that is collaborative and accustomed to working within an end-to-end delivery as well as matrixed organization structure. Preference given to those with experience in a consumer-oriented organization (e.g., finance, retail, hi-tech).
- Strong operations experience with the ability to solve for current and future business needs and pharmacy industry developments.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.