Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Executive Director, Pharmacy Quality & Medication SafetyLocation: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 794410 Date posted: 04/29/2019
- Provides leadership & oversight for the identification, development, implementation, & application of medication quality performance standards & patient safety assessment methodologies across all operational environments of Pharmacy nationally, including medication practices/processes, clinical care delivery, and medication technology.
- Initiates, facilitates, leads, & participates in specific National & Regional initiatives to improve & optimize member medication safety, quality, pharmacy information system safety and related technology, & healthcare outcomes.
- Identifies & promotes the rapid adoption & assimilation of best practices & innovations in quality, care delivery, technology, & operational systems which improve pharmacy medication quality, patient safety, & healthcare outcomes. In collaboration with the National Pharmacy leadership team & other appropriate team sponsors, tests, & evaluates new systems & process innovation, & facilitates the rapid adoption of successful innovations across all regions.
- Coordinates quality & safety data collection, tracking & reporting on a national level. Ensures format & content of reports meet Program wide, Regional, and Quality leadership needs. Oversees the analysis of high level trends of preventable adverse medication events at the regional and national level to identify actions, policies or process changes focused on improvement of member quality and safety. Provides reports at appropriate national committees.
- Proactively identifies and manages medication risks and collaborates with stakeholders. Supports National Medication Committee activities through appropriate project management.
- Supports, facilitates national meetings related to quality of care and medication safety.
- Manages the development, administration, & evaluation of focused National Pharmacy assessments that review the quality of patient care & medication systems across all Pharmacy care delivery environments.
- Minimum seven (7) years of escalating management experience in a multi-site pharmacy operation within a health plan or multiple-facility or integrated delivery system, including the utilization of quality and performance assessment/management systems and processes.
- PharmD degree, or master's in pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective quality management, communication, presentation, financial management, and analytical and problem-solving skills required. Demonstrated track record of self-initiative, strategic thinking, and successful planning and innovation.
- Ability to demonstrate and utilize knowledge of current medication safety, quality and medication safety regulatory standards that impact medication management on a national level.
- Ability to demonstrate and utilize/apply knowledge of Outpatient, Inpatient and Clinical Pharmacy operations, design, systems, technology, and personnel management; quality assurance, quality improvement / management processes and systems, patient care evaluation, data analysis and presentation, utilization review, risk management, survey research methodologies; Pharmacy and related Medical, Nursing and other health care laws, regulations, and standards.
- Master's degree in health services, business administration, public health or related field such as management, preferred.
- Patient Safety Certification (e.g., Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)) preferred.
- Pharmacy Residency preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, communicate and work effectively with senior leadership and a broad cross section of management/leadership from a broad range of functional areas.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills with the ability to influence and motivate interdisciplinary teams and individuals who are not direct reports.
- Excellent leadership and management skills; establishing direction, resource alignment, leading and developing teams, serve as a coach and mentor to staff.
- Significant knowledge of all pertinent regulatory requirements and accreditation standards that impact pharmacy quality and medication safety.
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational development, project management and strategic planning.
- Superior oral and written communications skills with the ability to develop relationships across all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated high ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external resources.
- Travel within Kaiser Permanente regions required on a periodic basis.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.