FP&A Analyst IV
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for conducting and interpreting complex financial assessment and modeling, leading internal audit processes, conducting and reviewing strategic financial research, and developing reports on region/business unit performance.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Evaluates complex business environment by conducting financial assessments (e.g., Situational, Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats, Opportunity-Based Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis); and interpreting reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data.
- Leads internal audit process, reviews audit results, and may engage with auditors to resolve material weaknesses, implement changes to internal controls and proactively assess high risk areas.
- Creates budgets and/or forecasts in accordance with business strategic initiatives by analyzing and interpreting budgeting trends; reviewing results of budget and forecasting; coordinating with others to develop department/regional budgets; and making recommendations.
- Advises region/business unit leaders on strategic fiscal matters by reviewing regular and special reports for both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate financial management throughout the organization; participating in regular meetings with leadership to review financial results for their areas; and acting as an internal consultant to Kaiser Management team on reading and interpreting financial results, analyzing variances, and improving performance.
- Conducts financial modeling by developing best-practice and complex models; analyzing and optimizing risk alternatives; and developing, reviewing, and recommending what-if scenarios and forecasts using in-house models or software.
- Assesses the business vision, objectives, and strategic initiatives by conducting and/or reviewing research provided by others to assess financial impact of strategies and initiatives.
- Completes costing activities by identifying and suggesting cost avoidance and cost recovery opportunities.
- Evaluates performance/operations/financial state by using and implementing templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit case report) and computer applications; reviewing and conducting complex financial analyses (e.g., operating cash flow analyses, pro forma P&L, line item walk forwards, volume building blocks, NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses); and reviewing and completing complex variance analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line item, cost of goods, rate).
- Reports region/business unit financial information by evaluating and communicating financial trends, findings in data analysis reports, and forecasts of income and expense; reviewing and communicating assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses; and using data/inputs from region/business unit systems to support analyses (e.g., membership and utilization reports, volume reporting, day sales inventory, analysis spreadsheets, investment schedules).
- Supports field operations by analyzing and interpreting their operational/financial performance; and determining areas of improvement.
- Conducts Financial Statement Analysis of business partners (e.g., suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by reviewing information reported from software systems (Internet, Bloomberg, and D&B), annual reports, and/or interviews; making recommendations regarding the financial status (viability) of business partners; and assessing risk implications.
- Improves financial performance by analyzing financial trends; and in partnership with the business leaders, uses results of analysis and understanding of operations to identify actions that address operational performance issues.
- Informs strategic financial planning by performing and evaluating complex financial, utilization, and benchmark analytics.
- Assists with strategic financial planning by preparing recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and developing and interpreting financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or related field and Minimum six (6) years Financial Planning & Analysis experience, or directly related business experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Two (2) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with advanced functions of spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including graphics, pivot tables, macros and/or complex formulas.
- Three (3) years experience working with KP data sources or tools.
- Three (3) years health care experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with advanced SQL and/or SAS coding.
- One (1) year construction and maintenance finance experience.
- Two (2) years corporate real estate finance experience.
- Two (2) years experience developing business cases.
- Masters degree finance, business, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- FP&A Certification.
East Annex - Parsons, 75 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
Kaiser Permanente Building, 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Ordway, One Kaiser Plaza, Oakland,California, 94612
Rockville Regional Offices, 2101 E. Jefferson St., Rockville,Maryland, 20852
Waterpark I, 2500 S. Havana St., Aurora,Colorado, 80014
California Service Center - Rio S.D., 8954 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego,California, 92108 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: M-F Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: FP&A Department: Po/Ho Corp - Pharm Admin - CFO - 0308 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.