Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health Educator II (Bilingual)Location: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 752125 Date posted: 01/09/2019
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, & evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, & standards
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral & publicity systems, monitoring quality & documentation, providing scheduling & logistical support, & facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery of cost effective health education services
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members & the public
- Reviews, develops, & recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written & audio visual health education materials
- Consults w/ physicians & staff regarding related health education services
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, & community health events
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g., HIV nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, & documentation as assigned
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals & priorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous usually one (1) year of experience in providing and coordinating health education services
- Previous experience in curriculum development
- Two (2) years of recent teaching/program planning, preferred
- Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience, preferred
- Master's degree in a field related to the position and/or the following certifications: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD), Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR), Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP) or Fellow of the American Dietetic Association (FADA)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, group process theory and application
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PC applications required
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, preferred
- Curriculum and materials development, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills, preferred
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.