Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Inventory Control Assistant (KN-1326)Location: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 784624 Date posted: 08/07/2019
- Orders merchandise from selected sources (Kaiser Pharmacy warehouse & other approved vendors & manufacturers) utilizing appropriate bid information
- Receives deliveries of incoming pharmacy merchandise for the location or department
- Inspects shipping container(s) for obvious signs of damage or miss-handling
- Verifies quantity of container(s) received & signs & dates delivery receipt
- NOTE: Also may refused delivery if miss-shipped or duplicate order
- Maintains receiving logs as required by security standards
- Compares items, unit-prices & quantities received against the invoice and/or purchase order
- Resolves discrepancies as per established procedures
- Places merchandise in display shelves, distribution & storage areas at the location and/or department indicating cost per unit of issue if appropriate
- Rotates stock in order of expiration date
- Complies w/ special handling & storage requirements for pharmaceuticals including chemotherapeutic agents, controlled substances, refrigerated & frozen items
- Performs routine inspection of physical inventory to ascertain adequate stock levels, expiration dates, obsolescence & proper storage at the location and/or department
- Collects, itemizes, unit-prices, packages & ships expired and/or obsolete pharmaceuticals to the Central Pharmacy returns Room or primary wholesaler
- Processes Local Pharmacy Requisitions on a weekly basis & forward to location manager
- Obtains authorizing signature on invoices & requisitions & sends required documentation to Accounts Payable
- Maintains inventory documents on file in an organized & secured manner as required by laws, regulations, polices & procedures
- Maintains confidentiality on inventory usage & cost information
- Assists pharmacy manager in maintenance of Pharmacy Information Management System (PIMS) perpetual inventory as required by Regional Pharmacy procedure
- Assists pharmacy manager in collecting data & preparing reports
- Make recommendations to management regarding systems or operational improvements to enhance services provided by the department
- Maintains work area & equipment in an organized & clean condition
- Maintains a safe, secure & efficient work environment
- Answers & makes telephone calls consistent w/ assigned duties in accordance w/ telephone access standards
- Exemplifies pharmacy's mission & the organization's vision by contributing to the health & satisfaction of members by providing appropriate medications, information & professional services in a helpful, caring, courteous & efficient manner
- Performs other duties as required
- Variation: (e.g., Stocking-to-standards)
- Performs routine inspection of pharmaceutical stock in designated Hospital & Medical Office departments (e.g., Medical/Surgical Walk-in, Anesthesiology, Emergency Room)
- Documents non-adherence to procedures for drug storage & refers to appropriate manager
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed
- Ability to read, understand, & transcribe pharmaceutical information
- Excellent written & verbal English-speaking communication skills
- Working knowledge of current drug forms, dosage strengths, generic & trade name equivalents, drug storage requirements & purchasing sources
- Demonstrates mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Ability to lift or transport containers/packages of up to 50lbs weight
- Ability to learn & operate pharmacy & personal computer systems
- Ability to learn & operate electronic ordering devices
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.