Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Licensed Physical Therapist AssistantLocation: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 794639 Date posted: 05/14/2019
Under the supervision of the registered physical therapist, administers therapeutic modalities with the use of specialized equipment; instructs the patient and supervises established therapeutic exercise, functional activities, and fits and instructs patients in the use of orthopedic appliances.
- Instruct patients on general health and basic self care procedures.
- Review, explain and clarify physician orders with patient or parent.
- Instruct patients in use of home equipment.
- Apply orthopedic appliances.
- Apply and remove dressings.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including CPR) and provide emergency patient treatment.
- Lift patients.
- Monitor patient vital signs.
- Monitor patients for bleeding.
- Observe machine monitors.
- Prepare and position patients for procedures.
- Provide therapeutic patient care as prescribed by a physician.
- Observe and monitor patient condition for reactions during and after procedures.
- Observe patients using remote monitoring equipment.
- Visit assigned patients to observe and record symptoms.
- Perform geometric measures and gross muscle testing.
- Anesthetize patients with topical or aerosol medication.
- Adjust physical therapy treatments as conditions warrant.
- Administer physical therapy modalities.
- Assist patients with ambulation and exercises.
- Conduct group exercise classes.
- Evaluate patient's response to physical therapy.
- Instruct patients in routine and complex physical therapy exercises.
- Interpret and administer prescribed physical therapy treatment.
- Perform basic physical therapy.
- Interview patients to collect data.
- Review patient record for medical information.
- Fill out maintenance forms.
- Complete patient processing forms (such as CPRs).
- Record and chart patient data. Take patient medical and prescription history.
- Review patient charts to evaluate patients and identify significant conditions.
- Complete forms and records.
- Consult with physician concerning test results and alert physicians to test abnormalities.
- Issue report on findings.
- Perform accurate measurements and calculations on diagnostic test procedures.
- Maintain current records of all testing.
- Record and maintain patient treatment data, log of procedures, and records of equipment usage.
- Prepare periodic workload statistics.
- Collect and compile cumulative data and statistics.
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program with an associate of science degree in physical therapy OR California Examining Committee equivalent.
- Successful completion of clinical competencies during internship.
- Current license or license eligible as a Physical Therapy Assistant by the state of California.
- Preferred knowledge of data entry/ charting for electronic medical records (Epic Medical Record System).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be available for a rotating holiday schedule for the hospital.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.