Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Lift TechnicianLocation: Downey, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 714265 Date posted: 05/24/2019
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws
- Functions as a member of the Lift Team (consisting of two (2) trained technicians who work together) to provide assistance to the nursing/patient care services staff in the safe lifting and transferring of patients that have been identified as appropriate for this service
- Utilizes proper body mechanics, lifting techniques, and observes hospital protocol
- Utilizes patient handling equipment, transfer devices, and protective equipment in compliance w/ hospital policies, vendor specifications, and patient handling protocols
- Works cooperatively as part of the nursing/patient care services team and adheres to department and hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment in all aspects of patient care
- Maintains patient and employee safety as a basic premise of all tasks performed
- Must have the ability to recognize the needs & concerns of members, co-workers and physicians while maintaining positive working relationships
- Prior experience in rehabilitation service or healthcare setting is preferred
- Completion of course work in the basic sciences or related programs such as physical education, nursing or physical therapy, preferred
- Valid BLS card (Incumbent will be given on the job training and must receive BLS certification within 30 days). Must maintain current BLS certification once obtained
- Knowledge of basic body mechanics is required
- Knowledge of related patient lifting or transport is required
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and transport patients on a daily basis
- Job requires ability to lift as part of a team, utilizing appropriate equipment for assistance
- Job also requires frequent bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and standing for extended periods of time
- Must successfully complete capacity screening prior to first day of employment
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of human anatomy, basic medical terminology, and rehabilitation principles, preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.