Manager, Clinical / Service Delivery
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Manages troubleshooting and repairs on medical equipment and software, escalating when necessary. Manages the team to perform inspections, functionality tests, scheduled preventative maintenance, and recall of medical equipment and software. Manages the team to perform installations, updates, and modifications to equipment, ensuring compliance with manufacturers specifications. Manages the team to investigate and document incidents and accidents involving medical equipment or software. Provides recommendations to senior leadership on the decommissioning and purchasing of new equipment. Manages the use of vendors to perform repairs and maintenance when necessary. Manages the team to ensure that preventative maintenance is adequately documented, and that the parts inventory for medical devices and software is maintained.
- Provides developmental opportunities for others; builds collaborative, cross-functional relationships. Solicits and acts on performance feedback; works closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement. Pursues professional growth; develops and provides training and development to talent for growth opportunities; supports execution of performance management guidelines and expectations. Leads, adapts, implements, and stays up to date with organizational change, challenges, feedback, best practices, processes, and industry trends. Fosters open dialogue amongst team members, engages, motivates, and promotes collaboration within and across teams. Delegates tasks and decisions as appropriate; provides appropriate support, guidance, and scope; encourages development and consideration of options in decision making.
- Manages designated work unit or team by translating business plans into tactical action items; oversees the completion of work assignments and identifies opportunities for improvement; ensures all policies and procedures are followed. Aligns team efforts; builds accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; determines and ensures processes and methodologies are implemented; resolves escalated issues as appropriate; sets standards and measures progress. Fosters the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; obtains and distributes resources. Removes obstacles that impact performance; identifies and addresses improvement opportunities; guides performance and develops contingency plans accordingly; influences teams to execute in alignment with operational objectives.
- Ensures that documentation is adequately maintained by: managing documentation of the teams action (e.g., maintenance, repairs, part replacement) in the centralized maintenance management system to ensure that all documentation protocols are followed, and revising protocols as needed; leading the team to document standards, procedures, and protocols in order to develop instructional manuals; and leading the team to maintain the parts of inventory for medical devices and software.
- Oversees the equipment lifecycle by: leading the team installing, updating, and modifying a variety of medical equipment; monitoring and documenting acceptance checks in accordance with manufacturers specifications independently that may require innovative problem solving and ingenuity; coordinating investigations of medical equipment involved in complex patient and employee accidents and/or incidents, and documenting the findings and ensuring the results are adequately documented; and collaborating with leadership on the purchase of new medical equipment and software, and recommending decommissioning of obsolete or irreparable equipment.
- Oversees ongoing preventative maintenance of medical equipment by: assigning work, tracking progress, and providing feedback for routine inspections and functionality tests of complex medical equipment (e.g., integrated, interoperable) medical devices and software; managing the ongoing preventative maintenance schedule of medical equipment and software (e.g., replacing parts); providing technical guidance to team members responding to requests for maintenance that may require innovative judgment and discretion; and monitoring and documenting the progress of ongoing preventative maintenance activities, problems, and concerns, and ensuring that all tasks are accomplished.
- Oversees the repairs of medical equipment and software by: providing advanced understanding and coordination of to team members troubleshoot and repair medical equipment and software, resolving complex issues and escalating when necessary, ensuring compliance with regulations; providing advanced understanding of medical equipment and software to team members performing complex corrective repairs, or coordinating and dispatching vendors to do so; leading team members to analyze and correct complicated malfunctions on a variety of medical device and software systems; and providing high-level guidance across teams through direct observation and feedback before, during, and after the completion of medical equipment and software repairs.
- Contributes to the appropriate use of outside resources by: leading the team to determine the need for outside resources for repairs and maintenance using advanced judgment; and managing team members requests for outside resources, escalating issues with vendors, and managing relationships with vendor organizations.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience managing operational or project budgets.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Associates degree or vocational certificate in Electronic Service, or related field AND Minimum seven (7) years of experience in medical technology field service with medical devices and systems or a directly related field OR Minimum eight (8) years experience in technology field service, or a directly related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in a healthcare delivery, multi-hospital environment in a leadership/managerial role providing medical equipment and consultative services for hospital and/or medical office buildings (clinic).
- Lean/Six Sigma or related certification.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest